Hello,

my System:
    Beaglebone Black,
    Debian 9.5 lwqt, 2018-10-07
    Kernel 4.14.71-ti-r80

Display
    GEN4 - 4DCAPE-50CT-CLB

I have a 5V/2A external power.

When i connect, the beagle turns on properly and I can connect via the USB but the LCD screen does not turn on and stays as seen in the picture.

Can you help me?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

There's a related forum thread that can be found here: Update from 4DCAPE-70T to GEN4-4DCAPE-70T post #5
    Please check, this might help you with your concern.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask here.

Best regards,
    Kayven

Comment

In addition to my post,

Based on the picture you sent, we noticed that your FFC ribbon cable on BBB Cape's FFC interface is not properly connected, please flip then reconnect it.(The blue should not be seen)

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
      Kayven

Comment

Hello,

I have seen the post but that is not the problem that I have. I have written the image to the EMMC.

I edited the uboot_overlay_addr0 in the uEnv.txt file as shown below, although it has not worked

Code:
        ###Overide capes with eeprom
        uboot_overlay_addr0=/lib/firmware/BB-BONE-4D7R-01-00A1.dtbo
        #uboot_overlay_addr1=/lib/firmware/<file1>.dtbo
        #uboot_overlay_addr2=/lib/firmware/<file2>.dtbo
        #uboot_overlay_addr3=/lib/firmware/<file3>.dtbo

One thing I've seen is that other users when they do "dmesg | grep bone_capemgr" get messages like this:

Code:
        [ 1.488828] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: compatible-baseboard=ti,beaglebone-black - #slots=4 [ 1.535457] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #0: '4D 5.0 LCD CAPE - 4DCAPE-50CT,00A1,4D Systems,BB-BONE-4D5C-01' [ 1.564060] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #1: No cape found [ 1.592578] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #2: No cape found [ 1.619434] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: slot #3: No cape found [ 1.619736] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: initialized OK. [ 1.624666] bone_capemgr bone_capemgr: loader: failed to load slot-0 BB-BONE-4D5C-01:00A1 (prio 0)
        But this only appears to me:

Code:
        [    0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttyO0,115200n8 bone_capemgr.uboot_capemgr_enabled=1 root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 ro rootfstype=ext4 rootwait coherent_pool=1M net.ifnames=0 quiet

I attach the file dmesg and uEnv.txt in case the problem is that I have something wrong configured
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the files.

What about connectivity?
          For your reference, I attached a sample image of the connection between the display and BBB cape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2019_05_15T00_58_19_005Z.png
Views:	15
Size:	449.5 KB
ID:	68233

Best regards,
          Kayven
          Last edited by kayven@4d; 15th May 2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Hello,
            thank you very much, with that it works.

Comment

Working...
            X