Red comm port, Device not responding, screen dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red comm port, Device not responding, screen dead

Problem is the display only flashes while connected to a power supply, it does not respond to the comm port. To make sure it had plenty of power I used a wall charger connected to an Arduino board in one attempt, and also a USB port on the PC with a micro USB and the gen4 programming adapter in another. I have replaced the ribbon wire with a comparable replacement and tried a different micro USB cable, still doesn't work. Is this common of a failed, broken, dead screen? Is there a way to bench test a display without an active comm port? FYI, the display is beyond it's warranty date.

Thanks in advance, getmanguy1.

Hi,

Good Day.

Can you tell us what was the last thing that you tried to do with the display module before this happen? Also, we would like to know if what are the other device connected to the gen4-programming adaptor?

If you have a gen4-Interface Board, try to use it to test the display module.

BR,
    Ferdinand

Comment

Yes, I have it connected to a Gen4 interface board, and programming adapter. One of the last things was an update to the program I've installed, the images appeared but the display would freeze while changing forms.. My process consist of pulling the SD for the images, disconnecting the interface from the Arduino and connecting it to my PC for revision, I have done this many times, and have noticed the screen becoming less and less responsive to touch. The absolute last thing I tried was resetting the screen and reloading the setup. The end result is what's shown in the video. I have two identical machines experiencing the same problems.

Thanks, getmanguy1.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Good Day.

Thank you for your response. Can you try to use other gen4-programming adaptor if you have? And what was your setup when you use gen4-Interface Board?

BR,

Comment

I tried another adapter and got the same results. I then tried a different ribbon wire, and that worked. I had a cheap knock off ribbon wire connected to the display, but changed it to a wire from 4D Systems to make it work.

Setup for the interface is as follows: Display ribbon to interface, interface connected to programming adapter, programming adapter connected to micro USB, connected to PC.

As always, thank you for your time.

Comment

Working...
          X