Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot talk to uUsb-MB5

Hi,

I have recently purchased the Oled display module µOLED-32028-P1T together with a serial to usb module (µUSB-MB5). Following the instructions in 'Getting Started' on the 4d Forum 'Tips and Information' section, I get as far as step 8, installing the software CP210xSetIDs.exe in an attempt to adjust the power settings. When I run the software The selectable boxes in the program's window do not contain any settings. The progam does nothing when I click 'Update device list' and waits for a couple of seconds after clicking 'Program device' and then does nothing. When I subsequently attempt to download a compiled example program from 4d Workshop, I simply get a message from the IDE saying 'device not recognised'.

I assume that I have missed something here, or could it be that the MB5 is faulty?

Thanks,

Rod.

Hi,
    Heres some checks to run through.
    When you have the uUSB-MB5 connected to the computer, go into your device manager and check that the computer sees the device under ports.
    In 4DGL workshop make sure you select this port number.
    Before downloading to the device make sure the uUSB-MB5 is connected and the display is also powered up.
    Let me know how you go
    Marc

Comment

Hi,

It seems that the original MB5 was probably faulty (or perhaps had the wrong parameters set. I was, as I explained, unable to talk to it to reset any potentially incorrect parameters). However, the distributor has now replaced the module with one that works fine, at least it works in that I can download code from 4dGL workshop - I still can't talk to it with the Silicon Labs configuration package. This seems like less of a problem, though.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep you posted on the configuration issue!

Rod.

Comment

Working...
      X