Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have a 4D problem, or Arduino coding problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a 4D problem, or Arduino coding problem?

Gen4 uLCD-70DT, Arduino mega 2560. As it stands, my display is only responsive to form activation's and not to the 4D buttons I have setup to report messages. Using an Arduino Mega programmed to select various test sequences selected from the display, test and report results. For the life of me I can't get the two components to work together. I have built the display in the VisiGenie environment and it compiles like it should, for what I know. I have expanded on programming I inherited from the last guy, using the Arduino web editor, it compiles as it should. Though the display powers on and works as it was setup, and the Arduino goes through it's uploading light sequence, the two of them aren't connected. I use 8 forms in this setup. Also the programming is company sensitive, so I'm hesitant to post it in the forum.
    Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	display setup problem.png
Views:	89
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	68416

I just had a thought, could my restricted work computer interfere in some way?

Comment

Hello,

Under the Tools tab, you could try testing your display for Report Messages using GTX tool. I
      highly suggest familiarizing yourself with these commands - READ_OBJ, WRITE_OBJ, REPORT_OBJ,
      REPORT_EVENT, etc.

Try to test those commands and see if they are successfully sent, received, and interpreted by the display
      module. If you find anything wrong during test, then perhaps there is something wrong with the widget's Events.
      Please check whether your widget's events are set properly or not.

Otherwise, if everything is fine, then maybe one of your wiring connections is somehow faulty or some code
      in your microcontroller is amiss.

For more information on how to use the Integrated Debugger(Genie Test Executor or GTX), please
      check this user guide: ViSi-Genie User Guide page 56

I just had a thought, could my restricted work computer interfere in some way?
      As long as the device is recognized by the computer there should be no problem.

Good luck and best regards,
      Sherwin

Comment

Working...
      X