X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wayneo
    replied
    Hi Mechalec

In the end I purchased a 4D cape-70T LCD , which worked with my BBB Android and I was able to do some development work with it.
    That was a few months ago and I have moved on to other things now. So I will not be looking at the Gen4-4DCAPE-70T any time soon.
    If I do find anything useful I will be sure to reach out to you.

Although I did notice reading your post you are using a different kernel version than I did.
    This is what I used, these links might be of some help to you.

http://bbbandroid.sourceforge.net/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bbb...atest/download

Hope all goes well, good luck.

Wayneo

Leave a comment:

• mechalec
    replied
    Hey Wayneo,

I am looking to do a similar thing (BBB Android, 4D Cape) and have just created another post looking for some help within the same forum. If you have any luck be sure to reach out as I am stuck like you.

Not sure if anything in my post helps you or not?

https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/69442

Scott

Leave a comment:

• wayneo
    replied
    Hi Kayven,

Thank you for your reply.

I was hoping there might be an easy fix to my problem, but I knew deep down that it might need a little more work.

It looks like I will have to do some research into Android/kernel builds to include the LCD.

Thanks for the link and information.

Kind regards,

Wayneo

Leave a comment:

• kayven@4d
    replied
    Hi,

Thank you for sharing your files.

Unfortunately, we don't have the expertise with the Android distribution and the Android image was also built 5years ago.
    It's good that this Android concern should inform the Beaglebone Android community.

Also, we strongly recommend our customers to use the latest Debian images as it supports our LCD capes.

However, in our forums, some of our customer tried and tested Android image/kernels, here is the link:

BB-4DCape-70T using Android JB

I would also like to note that our 4D Capes acts a monitor (like your PC monitor) all the information, settings and configuration comes from the BBB itself; That is why if the kernels and images do not support LCD capes or may have slight configuration changes, the 4D Cape may not perform as expected.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,
    Kayven
    Last edited by [email protected]; 31st May 2019, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wayneo
    started a topic Gen4-4DCAPE-70T with BBB Android

Gen4-4DCAPE-70T with BBB Android

Hi,

I have a Gen4-4DCAPE-70T display that works fine on my beaglebone black with debian-9.5-lxqt-2018-10-07 linux image.

However I would like to use the display with a Beaglebone black Android image (Android 4.4.4, linux 3.8 kernel).

But it doesn't appear to work stright out of the box with it.

I am wondering what I need to do to get it to work with the Android image.

I am guessing I might need to add something to uEnv.txt and/or

need a new version of BBBAndroid with the correct device tree overlay for the display?

I have attached the uEnv.txt and a boot file which might help.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
Working...
X