Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detect when display is switched to another form (page)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detect when display is switched to another form (page)

Hello,
    I am using the uLCD-70DT display with the visi genie development environment. I have different pages (forms) in my application. When the user switches from one form to another the values on the original form are lost. How do I detect that the user has navigated to a certain form? In short, is there a way to query the current form or is there an event called when the form is changed?

Hi,

I have different pages (forms) in my application. When the user switches from one form to another
    the values on the original form are lost.
    Have you tried storing your data to a temporary variable? You could do this using your host microcontroller.

How do I detect that the user has navigated to a certain form? In short, is there a way to query the
    current form or is there an event called when the form is changed?
    Yes, you could set an Event which will send a Report Message back to your host every time you switch into
    another form. To set an event on a form:
    ‚ÄčClick image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	90
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	69232
    Select which Form, in this case Form0. Choose Form0 as your Object. Lastly,
    select Events tab and set it to Report Message.

For more information on how to use ViSi Genie Environment, you may consult this reference manual:
    ViSi-Genie User Reference Manual
    or select any object on your Form and press F1, that should bring up the reference manual.

I hope this helps, and if you have more concern we're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Sherwin
    Last edited by sherwin4D; 6 August 2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

The old posts regarding this have the files no longer hosted. The reference manual doesn't specify to check index or data.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know. We'll get it fixed right away.

Best regards,
        Sherwin

Comment

Working...
        X