Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4DPi-24-HAT and VNC

Hi,

I just bough this display for an application in which I need to show the camera on the display (with an overlay).

I configured the RPi 3B+ following the steps in the documentation and the screen works correctly (I can see the GUI/CLI) on the 4DPi-24-HAT display.

The problem is that I cannot connect any more to the RPi via VNC: the log says "failed to open vchiq instance".

I get the same error when I type a raspistill command from the CLI and I cannot start the camera (the same errore appears when I launch a python script that uses camera preview).

In fact, I see that after the kernel update (sudo tar -xzvf gen4-hats_4-14-34_v1.1.tar.gz -C /) the /dev/vchiq is no more there.

How can I accomplish my needs? Is there another way to use this display maintaining the vchiq device?

I know that I will need a framebuffer copied to the display and I see that there are some examples on the web, but even the examples terminate with the same error (failed to open vchiq instance).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards
    Vittorio

Working...
X