Matrix Userbuttons problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix Userbuttons problem

I have three Userbuttons defined with Matrix=1, Momentary=No. The buttons each have 2 images (LED off, LED on). Note I tried 4 images but made no difference.
    On execution, all three LEDs are off. Touching any LED will turn it on without affecting the others. They can never go off again (LEDs on forever). However, using GTX, they perform as they should: if one is toggled on, the others toggle off.

What's the catch?

Thanks!!

Hi jeremy,

Can you try to download the Genie project for the Application note: ViSi-Genie User Button
    I have tried to run the project, and I do not encounter any problem in executing the Button Matrix.

Note I tried 4 images but made no difference.
    How did you put your image on the Userbutton? It should be (0-On, 1-On, 2-Off, 3-Off).
    Perhaps you have placed it the wrong way.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

4D-AN-0030 works correctly.

On my LED Userbuttons, I placed the four images as 0-On, 1-On, 2-Off, 3-Off. All buttons defined as Matrix=1, Momentary=No.
      They all start ON. Pressing any LED will toggle it OFF, but does not toggle any other LEDs. Once an LED is ON, pressing it again does not turn it OFF.
      However, the matrix works as it should when using GTX: if one is toggled OFF, the others toggle ON.
      The settings for the buttons are the same as 4D-AN-0030.

This is making me crazy!

Comment

See attached video...
        Attached Files

Comment

Solved !!! A stray piece of MagicTouch code that should have been deleted: ImageTouched:=-1;

Comment

I did come across another problem related to the matrix user buttons:
            If one of the buttons is disabled via serial port (GTX), the button image will disappear (as it should), but when you press on an enabled button a black box with a red X appears in the disabled button location. Enabling the button does not bring the image back. You must enable, disable, enable again to get the image back. All buttons end up OFF.

Comment

Hello Jeremy,

If one of the buttons is disabled via serial port (GTX), the button image will disappear (as it should), but when you press on an enabled button a black box with a red X appears in the disabled button location.
              I tried to simulate this scenario and there seems to be no problem on my end.
              Maybe something else is causing the issue.

You can try to attach here your project, so we can take a look.
              Just make sure that you exclude anything which is not relevant to the issue.

Best Regards,
              Kevin

Comment

Kevin:
                I'd like to keep the files out of public hands until our product releases. Can I email them to you?

Comment

Hi jeremy,

Yes, you could. You can email it to me at john dot asuncion at 4dsystems dot com dot au

Best Regards,
                  Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X