u96g2 power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• u96g2 power supply

So I have 2 u96g2 screens that I want to power with a single power source. I have the power distribution board shown below and I am connecting the 2 screens to it.

https://www.amazon.com/UCEC-Breadboa...%2C257&sr=8-14

The board needs a 9V input and it delivers 5v to 4 sets of pins. I used a 9V battery . I found that a fully charged 9V battery worked for about 30 minutes and then the screens started having problems.They would play video for a couple of seconds and then flash off and restart. I then swapped out the 9V battery for 6 AA batteries.This worked much better and the screens ran for over an hour with no problems until I turned them off.I dont have a huge amount of electronics knowledge.I assume the poor current output from the 9V battery was the issue.Ideally I would use a DC 9V power supply, but I am putting these screens inside a model that will be on a moving base so it needs to have an internal power source.Are my assumptions correct?
    Carl

Hi Carl,

For the most part, your assumptions were correct.

A good power supply should keep everything working perfectly. A bad power supply causes
    hiccups such as reset/restart, crashes, or worse - 'bricked' boards, SD card failures, USB
    failures... you name it.

I used a 9V battery. I found that a fully charged 9V battery worked for about 30 minutes and then the screens started having problems.They would play video for a couple of seconds and then flash off and restart. I then swapped out the 9V battery for 6 AA batteries.This worked much better and the screens ran for over an hour with no problems until I turned them off.
    Or perhaps, you could try using one of those powerbanks as your internal power supply. You'll get
    the advantage of recharge capability along with more compact feel which should take less space of
    your moving base.

For more information regarding the specifications and ratings of uOLED-96g2, please check
    this datasheet: uOLED-96-G2 Datasheet (page 16 to 17)

Hope this helps.

Good luck and best regards,
    Sherwin

Comment

Thanks Sherwin,
      There is space for the 6 AAs and I am always a bit leery of the rechargeable LIpo packs .I fly RC heli and have seen some spectacular fires from those things!!

Carl

Comment

Hi Carl,

Glad to be of help!

Best regards,
        Sherwin

Comment

Working...
        X