screen saver & disabling objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen saver & disabling objects

I have some magic code that makes my screen dim after 5 minutes of no activity. The screen goes back to normal contrast when the screen is touched.
    I would like to make it so if an object is touched while dim, the object does not activate or toggle.
    Is there an easy way to have all objects ignored when the touch occurs while dim?
    Or do I have to disable/re-enable each and every object individually?

Hi,

Is there an easy way to have all objects ignored when the touch occurs while dim?
    Yes, there is. You must create another Form and empty User Button as overlay. You could switch to the second Form
    whenever the screen goes dim. Set the User Button's Event to Form0Activate to switch back to the Main Form
    when the screen(userbutton) is touched.

Or do I have to disable/re-enable each and every object individually?
    You don't have to, the answer above should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and best regards,
    Sherwin

Comment

I took your advice - works well. However, if the user still wants to see the current screen, would I just use img_SetAttributes and img_ClearAttributes to enable/disable the objects?

Thanks!!

Comment

Hi,

However, if the user still wants to see the current screen, would I just use img_SetAttributes
        and img_ClearAttributes to enable/disable the objects?
        If this is the case, img_SetAttributes and img_ClearAttributes would be more applicable. If you only need to dim the screen
        without going all the way down(turn contrast to zero), that is, users can still see the objects but they cannot
        interact with it, disable/re-enable objects is the way to go.

To disable:
        Code:
        img_SetAttributes(hndl, ALL, I_TOUCH_DISABLE); //disable all objects
        To enable:
        Code:
        img_ClearAttributes(hndl, ALL, I_TOUCH_DISABLE); //enable all objects
        Hope this helps.

Good luck and best regards,
        Sherwin

Comment

Working...
        X