Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupt interface

Hello.

I had this interface working previously, but made adjustments across several forms. The build to the SD card didn't show any errors. The uSD tester showed no errors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	68762
    But when I try to mount the interface to the display, I get a white box on the display on the page that says "MOUNTING..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0642.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	68763I think the genie interface file is corrupt, but I would like to not redo all the work that has been done to update from the old interface.
    The old interface mounts like normal when I re-flashed the interface.
    But when I put the new interface back, it still freezes on the "MOUNTING..." screen with the white block.

Why does this screen get stuck and how could I fix it?

Thanks,

Lauren V
    Attached Files

Trying to restart from an earlier iteration, it seems there is a problem "copying 270_Gauge_ Back.png" ... there are no cool gauges, or any guage type objects in my program anymore. I go into the object inspector, and there no such items. Somehow it's attempting to include this while compiling. I have over 60-80hrs working on this interface, I really can't afford to just start over.

Comment

Hello Lauren V,

The old interface mounts like normal when I re-flashed the interface.
      Given this information, we can rule out the possibility that your uSD card was not mounted in place securely or
      perhaps your project was not compiled properly and that your *.GCI and *.DAT file were not copied to your micro SD card.

But when I put the new interface back, it still freezes on the "MOUNTING..." screen with the white block.
      Why does this screen get stuck and how could I fix it?
      You did mention in your latest post that "there is a problem "copying 270_Gauge_Back.png"... there are no cool gauges,
      or any gauge type objects in my program anymore.", which implies that you had a Gauge widget before but for
      some reason decided to remove it.

From what I can gather based on the information that you have provided so far, it seems most likely that
      some remnant of the gauge widget you had before is causing this white block showing up and "Mounting..." error
      you are experiencing right now.

If you don't mind, you can upload your project file here, so we could take a look further and see if we
      could come up with a solution. If you think your project is confidential and can't exactly share the code publicly,
      you may send it via PM or email.

Here's my email add: sherwin.macabio(at)4dsystems.com.au
      Just replace (at) with "@"

Hope this helps and best regards,
      Sherwin

Comment

Thank you for your response, Sherwin.

I sent you an e-mail with the attached project file. I was able to get the display interface to mount properly-ish by changing the filename back to the original filename, hdc32pa2, but it still malfunctions.

I am not sure how to delete these residual objects and background files.

The link to the video shows the interface malfunctioning, for instance, the form that should load initially, Form1, should remain on Form1 until it is tapped, but it immediately goes for the "main menu" Form2... and subsequently, none of the other forms load as expected. Even in the GTX interface, it's odd.

Thanks for your time,

Lauren

Comment

Hi Lauren,

I'm currently looking into your project file. I shall be responding to you privately via
          email from this point onwards.

Thanks and best regards,
          Sherwin

Comment

Working...
          X