Reading raw formatted card / copying card / restoring display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading raw formatted card / copying card / restoring display

I have a uOLED-96-G2 display that I am needing to replace. I bought a new display, however when I insert the uSD card from the old display in to the new display it does not work properly (the 4Ds loading screen just shows). The card is formatted raw, so that checks out. I dumped the contents to a DMG file just in case I messed it up. I don't know how to "read" a raw card, my searching brings up nothing. I was supposing I could "peek" at the card to see what is on it, if it is working, etc. but I see no way to do that.

So that brings up a few questions.

1. Is all of the programming stored on the card? Or is there possibly data on some sort of flash memory on the screen itself. I am assuming this is the case based on what I've read.
    2. If that is the case, how do I read and transfer that programming from the old screen to the new?
    3. Is there a way to validate what is on the card and/or read my DMG image to see if the data is correct?

What happened with the old screen is that it would "freeze" on one specific frame of one specific video and just sit there. I tested the card in another screen that was programmed and it worked so I am fairly sure the card is fine. I think the old screen is broken in some way. But if I can read the program from it and somehow transfer to the new screen that would probably fix my issue. Is this possible in any way? I do not have the original program files for Workshop.

Just to test, I tried getting as close to loading an image to the card as I could without potentially overwriting what is on the card. This is what I got.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Windows_10__Running_.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	69009

Comment

Hi Scott,

1. Is all of the programming stored on the card? Or is there possibly data on some sort of flash memory on the screen itself. I am assuming this is the case based on what I've read.
      Only the graphics files are loaded to the uSD card, the program itself is loaded to the flash memory of the display.

You can learn more about that on these application notes:

General Downloading an Application Program to RAM or Flash Memory
      https://4dsystems.com.au/blog/4d-an-00039/

2. If that is the case, how do I read and transfer that programming from the old screen to the new?
      As far as I know, you cannot extract the program from one display module and transfer it to another. You might need to reload the source program to your new display.

3. Is there a way to validate what is on the card and/or read my DMG image to see if the data is correct?
      you can try using the win32 disk imager to "view" the contents of your uSD card, I followed the instructions listed on this article and I was able to back-up and view the contents of my RAW uSD card

How to Backup your SDcard
      https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=26463

I saved the content of my usd card as GCI then I was able to use the GCI to BMP converter to "view" the GCI file.

I've attached the GCI to BMP converter.

Best regards,
      Attached Files
      Michael

Comment

Thank you. So it sounds like that without the original program I am out of luck because I can not read that off the screen. It seems odd that I can write to it but not read it or at least just copy compiled program from one screen to another.

Comment

Working...
        X