Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visi-Genie problems with communication via terminal

Hello guys!
    I am trying to implement a car monitoring system using 4D-43DT-SB display.
    Currently I have a CAN to UART converter (using PIC uc) which is able to send hex commands. My idea is to send hex commands to the display in the same manner as the GTX tool does, in order to change the values of trackbars, LEDdigits etc. in order to monitor the data from the car. The problem is that when I send a hex command via the terminal to the display it returns code 15 (that the message was not interpreted correctly) I am using the same message as the GTX tool with the same format as described in the user manual (in my case it is 01 05 00 00 64 60) The strange thing is that the commands work with the GTX tool but not the 3rd party terminal. Has somebody else dealt with this problem before. I will be grateful if somebody knows anything about the problem

Ultimately my goal is to be able to change the values on the display using hex command through the UART only. I am open to suggestions if somebody knows how I can implement it easier (changing values to the ones sent by the PIC)

Best regards, Rahovec
    Last edited by Rahovec; 23 July 2019, 06:36 AM.

Hello guys!
    I have found the solution to the problem. I was using the 3rd party software called "Terminal" (https://sites.google.com/site/terminalbpp/). It turns out that when you try to send a hex value via this terminal you need to type a dollar sign ($) in front of the value you want to send. I hope this is helpful to someone that has the same problem I will probably post the whole system when it is done and the way I have done it when it is ready to help people who have the same or kinda the same project

Best regards, Rahovec

Comment

• John Kevin
      John Kevin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi.
      Thank you for updating this post. I am sure it will be helpful to other users.

Ok guys here is an update of the situation. I have managed to write some code to the PIC controller that sends some hex messages to the display. The problem is that the uC and the display were on different baud rates. When I changed the baud rate of the display it stopped acknowledging the messages from the 3rd party terminal and it doesn't respond to the messages send by the PIC. The strange thing is that it is working perfectly fine with the GTX tool but when I try to send a command from the PIC or the 3rd party terminal it does not respond? Does anyone know how to fix it? I will be very grateful if somebody gives me a tip. I will keep you updated.
    Best regards,
    Rahovec

Comment

Hello Rahovec,

The problem is that the uC and the display were on different baud rates.
      As you may know, you cannot establish a good communication on a different baud rate.
      I think you will need to set up first the baud rate configuration on your PIC.

When I changed the baud rate of the display it stopped acknowledging the messages from the 3rd party terminal
      Did you change the Baudrate on the Project Tab of your Project, and then upload the program?

Click image for larger version

Name:	baudrate.png
Views:	137
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	69222

Using the software 'Terminal' which you linked above, I managed to send commands in the display on different baud rates.
      I used Macros to save values and send the data in the display.

Name:	Terminal.PNG
Views:	103
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	69223

Name:	Terminal_Settings.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	69224

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,