Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• object index limit

Painted myself into a corner...
    I have more than 255 user buttons, but since the object index is a byte in serial comms, won't be able to talk to all of them.

Use Genie Magic to talk to them all?

Other work-around?

Perhaps the IDE should prevent or warn the user when creating an object with an index above 255.

Since these user buttons need to send an event-driven message to the host, I wouldn't be able to use Magic code.
    Wouldn't it be great if Magic code could be triggered by an event (like a user button press) !!!

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

As stated on this forum thread post: visi-genie how to read more than 256 Userbutton?, you will need to use another widget (button type)
      as the maximum value of the object-index is one byte (0-255).

you can't have more than 256 of any object, so you will need to make some normal buttons, maybe some 4D buttons.
      So you can have 256 objects of 4DButton, another 256 objects of WinButton, and another 256 objects of User Button, for example. This should help you
      Or you can also create your own protocol on ViSi or Designer.

​​​​​​​you will need to write your own protocol using ViSi or Designer instead, as ViSi-Genie cannot have more than 256 objects of 1 type,
      as defined by the protocol, and as is documented in our ViSi-Genie Reference Manual.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
      Kevin

Comment

Thanks you!

Comment

Working...
        X