Display as controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display as controller

So far most of the examples I have found of serial communication assumes the display as under the control of another processor. In my application the display will be the hardware controller for a two-way radio via uart.

The Magic Object in Genie Magic considers input from the serial port. Can the Magic Object be used to send data to a remote device from the display?

Is there an example of sending formatted data to, and receiving a response from, a remote device in Genie Magic, via uart, using Pro features?

Specific to this application, I need to send data to the radio and in some cases expect a response and process it. The commands are two letters followed by either a question mark or series of data depending on the function. The question mark elicits a response, data sets the parameter. (Command Reference)

Is there any example showing how to do something like this in Genie Magic?

As a test I would like to program a button that sends one specific command and displays the return. (any command ... toggle from SQ9 to SQ0 for example - then read the SQ...)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hello,

Sounds like a very interesting project. 4DSystems Display Modules can be programmed as your master device controller.

In my application the display will be the hardware controller for a two-way radio via uart.
    Have you decided which transceiver module you are going to use? If it is capable of UART communication
    there should be no problem 'talking' to the display module.

The Magic Object in Genie Magic considers input from the serial port. Can the Magic Object be used to send data to a remote device from the display?
    This can be done by attaching a Magic Event on a button. For more information regarding Magic Events, please
    refer to this appnote:
    ViSi-Genie How to Add Magic Objects
    https://4dsystems.com.au/blog/4d-an-00182/

ViSi-Genie Magic Code Insertion Points
    https://4dsystems.com.au/blog/4d-an-00199/

Is there an example of sending formatted data to, and receiving a response from, a remote device in Genie Magic, via uart, using Pro features?
    You may refer to this thread on how to setup the serial connection between your module. You may have to put
    the code inside your Magic Code main loop to continuously fetch the data received from the module. (See 4D-AN-00199 for insertion points)

I followed the Command Reference link and it leads to an error(The requested URL was not found on this server).

I hope this information will give you some ideas.

Good luck and best regards,
    Last edited by sherwin4D; 4 days ago.

Comment

Working...
    X