All timer/magic objects are getting added to Form 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All timer/magic objects are getting added to Form 0

Hi i have 5 forms in my project. I added couple of magic event to my form0 which works fine. Now i choose form 4 or 5 and then add a timer object or magic event object but the new object automatically gets added to form 0 instead of form 4 or 5. Im not able to add any timer or magic event object to any other form apart form 0.

Hi,

Im not able to add any timer or magic event object to any other form apart form 0.
    I believe that is perfectly normal. The placement of Magic Event at Form0 doesn't mean it will
    only work at Form0. As long as you don't make the mistake of attaching it to any button's event
    at Form0, it should have no bearing whatsoever. The same could be said with the Timer.

To avoid that mistake, you could change the alias of the Magic Event to something that wouldn't
    confuse you i.e. MagicEventForm5 or any name you prefer.

I hope this helps.

Good luck and best regards,
    Sherwin

Comment

• James_4DSystems
      James_4DSystems commented
      Editing a comment
      To add to this, All Events and Timers/(Non Visual Objects) are added on Form0 so you can find them again. Having them in Form0 does not mean they are related only to Form0, as Sherwin said, its just the way the system was designed at the time so Magic Code and Timers etc can always be easily found.
Working...
X