Transparent background for gauges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent background for gauges?

Trying to design a panel right now, and I need to fit two large gauges on it with green/yellow/red lines, and fit them close together. The massive black background behind the standard gauge has rendered it unusable for me. Is there any way to make it transparent instead?

Hi,

Are you using ViSi-Genie on your application?

The background color behind the 'Gauge' is generated when compiling the program.
    If you change the form's background to green - the background color on the Gauge will also change (By default, it is black).

The 'Panel' widget is a Primitive (not an image) - it can be drawn without using an uSD card.
    If you place a Gauge on top of the Panel, the background color for the Gauge is the one generated when compiling the program.
    That leaves you the color 'black' which is the default background color of the form.

I suggest you use the 'Gradient' Widget (can be found under 'Backgrounds'') as a panel on your Gauge. If you do not want a gradient effect, just match the start and end color.

As an alternative, you can also set the Transparency of the widget, however, the method above will be easier to implement.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

I am using ViSi-Genie for this application. I apologize I got the name wrong, it's the "Angular Meter" widget, in which I want to eliminate the background of, or alternatively make the dial fit the dimensions of the widget. I'm not interested in replacing with another style, need the easy to read dial type rather than a bar/graph type "Gauge" widget.

Another question, how can I individually and manually control what numbers are added to "Meter" gauges, as I'm trying to get say "115, 100, 85, 70, 55, 40, 25, 10, 0" for example as my number set, but instead I get "115, 92, 69, 46, 23, 0" (granted, this is set to render 5). I've thought about removing the numbers entirely and manually writing them over in text, but I would like to find a way to do it without doing that. I also thought about a digit gauge to give a specific number at any time, but I believe that'd rely upon somebody knowing what the numbers are already, and I find that un-intuitive, especially for the application I am using this for.

Thanks,

Comment

Also want to hijack with another question. I'm having widgets get laid out in a way, with one on top of the other, but it seems if the lower one gets an update (at least in GTX) it will become the new top layer, meaning what I had underneath cannot be seen. Is there a way to anchor this in any way?

Edit: I've also encountered in the GTX not having those numbers update in reference to the parent.
        Last edited by stitch2k1; 23 August 2019, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Hi Stitch,

it's the "Angular Meter" widget, in which I want to eliminate the background of, or alternatively make the dial fit the dimensions of the widget. I'm not interested in replacing with another style, need the easy to read dial type rather than a bar/graph type "Gauge" widget.
          Another alternative that I mentioned is setting the Transparency to 'OFF'. If you are using ViSi-Genie, the only way to do this is using Genie Magic (Available on Workshop4 PRO version), however, it can also be done on ViSi Environment.

Another question, how can I individually and manually control what numbers are added to "Meter" gauges, as I'm trying to get say "115, 100, 85, 70, 55, 40, 25, 10, 0" for example as my number set, but instead I get "115, 92, 69, 46, 23, 0" (granted, this is set to render 5).
          Unfortunately, you cannot customize the label on Angular Meter that way.
          Either you create your own graphical widget using UserImages or use the Smart Gauge available on PRO version.
          Putting a label/image as a number might be an option if you do not want to create a lot of files.

Also want to hijack with another question. I'm having widgets get laid out in a way, with one on top of the other, but it seems if the lower one gets an update (at least in GTX) it will become the new top layer, meaning what I had underneath cannot be seen. Is there a way to anchor this in any way?
          When a value has changed, the widget needs to redrawn to update the changes. That prompt the widget to go on top of the other.
          May I ask why have you placed it that way? It looks like you need a custom gauge for your application. It will be best if you design your gauges yourself.
          Please take a look at this forum thread, perhaps it may give you an idea on how you want to implement it on your own.
          Custom Gauge - ViSi UserImages - Full Demo - https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/43016
          Or use Smart Gauge available in PRO version.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
          Kevin
          Last edited by John Kevin; 23 August 2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X