Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started with Gen4-Iod-32t

hi there
    i just got my gen4-iod-32t but i got many problems with it. read all the forums and installed everything.
    i do run examples of the GFX4d and they run smoothly on the display.
    i just need some simple examples that i can work with WS4 such as making some buttons on the display and etc..
    could you help me with this issue?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum,

I have attached a simple example that demonstrates widgets and the use of buttons and touch detection.

I have also attached a registry key for WS4 that extends compile time in WS4. Simply double click to install.

Could you please let me know the problems you are experiencing.

Best regards

Paul
    Attached Files

Comment

hi
      thanks for your quick reply. i did exactly as you said and run registry file and then the example. but as i compile the file after some time this error appears every time.
      Attached Files

Comment

That problem some how been solved it self and i can upload the codes.
        but now only thing i can see in my monitor was just and "M" like in the picture not other things.
        if i want to explain what i did. i put the SD in my laptop and run the upload and selected the SD for copying files in it then after finish i inserted SD in my display but only that "M" was on screen and nothing else.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tavoosi; 1st September 2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the update. This can sometimes happen whenI project created one PC is run on another. Please check that the filenames on the SD card match the name without extension in the code

eg

gfx.Open4dGFX("WIDGET~1");

and check if the files WIDGET~1.cgi and WIDGET~1.dat exist on the SD card. If the 2 files are there but have a different name than in the code, you can simply change the filename in the code to match the filename on the SD. On the IoD there is no need to add an extension in the gfx.Open4dGFX command, just the name without extension.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

YEAH thank you. i solved that problem and i came here to delete my post but your answering speed is much faster :D
            so i would appreciate if you can give me some examples of some codes that works with this device WiFi.
            In general i was looking for some codes that connects my device to esp32 through WiFi.

Comment

Hi

Thats great news. We don't have anything ready made that connects with an ESP32 via UDP. We have a demo called 4Dos which is a BASIC Interpreter and command line application that will connect to WiFiand send UDP data to any UDP target. it is very much a work in progress but might be useful in testing. I have attached it below

To connect to Wifi type

WIFICONNECT ssid password

then set a UDP port by typing eg

UDP 9940

Then choose your target to send

UDPTARGET ipAddress Port

Then use UDPTX followed by what you want to send eg

UDPTX Hello

You can use the ESP UDP examples in the Arduino IDE to recieve the data.

You can install 4Dos using the Arduino IDE as it doesn't use any specific WS4 graphics

Best regards

Paul
              Attached Files

Comment

hi
                i have another question. I have designed a project with several forms (form1 , form2 ... ) how can i define winbutton that when i push it, it goes to next form.

Comment

Hi,

I have attached a simple example of form changing via a button press, I hope it helps

Best regards

Paul
                  Attached Files

Comment

hi paul

thank you very much that helped a lot.

actually now i need an example that i could give data through that to my gauges can you help me with that ?

over all i want to ask do you have any training files for for ge4 iod programming that you can send me?
                    beside that more examples for it

thank you.

Comment

Hi,

You are very welcome and I am very happy to make specific examples to help your project along

I have attached a very simple gauge example, There are also a couple of more complex examples in the GFX4d examples folder. If you would like to give me more details on the type of data you are displaying I will happily do a more relavant example.

With the IoD being an Arduino embedded device, a wealth of Arduino resources can be found online. The GFX4d manual covers the syntax needed for the GFX4d commands and has many code snippets to help.

Best regards

Paul
                      Attached Files

Comment

hi paul
                        thank you again for you answer but what i was working on i have three sensors that is going to send the IOD data through wifi and i need some examples to go through my project.
                        thank you.

Comment

and one more question.

in how many ways gen4 iod 32t can get data ? and what are the protocols?

Comment

Hi,

Over Wifi you can use UDP or http POST and GET to send and recieve data. I always find UDP easier. It would depend on the device that your sensors are connected to and the protocols that it is able to use.

If you could let me know the device that the sensors are connected to, I could possibly find an example for both sides.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

hi paule

thank you again.

my sensors are connected to ESP32. And i want the data from sensors to be sent directly by wifi to my gen4 iod 32t.

best regards

Amir

Comment

Working...
                              X