Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remnants of "OLD" Stuff Showing Up on my Application

Hey Everybody,

I recently decided to try some "new" stuff with the uLCD-70DT that I am using for an application. So I wanted to keep the "old" and then branch off to create some "new" stuff.

I selected "SAVE AS" to save the "new" version to another folder.

In my new application, I replaced some sliders that I was previously using for numeric input with a numeric keypad, among several of the changes that i made. Now I have remnants of the "new" keypad showing up on Form 0 even though they are part of Form 6.

And Form 0 appears to be a combination of at least 2 other forms.

And when I used the GTX tool, I still see all of the old sliders that I used previously.

So how do I get a nice "CLEAN" copy to try some new stuff without deleting the new stuff or completely starting over?

TIA,
    --Neal
    Last edited by geometrix; 27 August 2019, 07:18 AM.
    TIA,

Neal

Somebody PLEASE reply. I really need some input from the community to solve this issue.
    TIA,

Neal

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I have been looking for an answer to this issue. I thought that this was an issue with the uLCD-70DT. But I thought about possibly trying to clear the Arduino MEGA 2560 memory, and I figured out (by Google search) how to reset my Arduino MEGA 2560. I basically created a new sketch with a setup() function and a loop() function (https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=72323.0). When I compiled and uploaded this most basic of basic sketches to my MEGA 2560, this basically cleared everything from the MEGA 2560 memory. I then re-uploaded the sketch with my numeric keypad and various forms and it now works. No remnants/ghosts in the background.
      TIA,

Neal

Comment

• sherwin4D
        sherwin4D commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Neal,

Thanks for the update. Glad to know you've managed resolve the issue on your own.

BR,
        Sherwin

"Old stuff" like deleted slider objects and string objects still show up in GTX tool, but no longer shows up when I run the application with my host microcontroller.
      TIA,

Neal

Comment

Hi Neal,

Usually when you compile the project, the GTX Tool will be updated. Did you try to delete some widgets while the GTX Tool is open?
        Does this problem occur on your original project (" old stuff ")?
        Can you try to delete some widget on the original project, compile the project, then check the GTX Tool? Please post here the result.

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X