invalid floating point operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invalid floating point operation

I am having major difficulties uploading video files to my u96g2 using workshop4.I keep getting an invalid floating point operation error and then workshop4 freezes and I have to use task manager to get out of workshop4. I have tried using .wmv and .avi files. I also tried repairing my install of workshop4 and got the same results. Not sure what id going on.I tried to print the error report but couldnt but it did say something about pins not being connected even though the screen was attached to the programming cable.

'Pins not connected' is a Windows Directshow error.

Workshop uses Directshow to capture videos and split them into images to create the .GCI files. Thus Workshop should be able to read any video format that Media player can. If you get a 'Pins are not connected' type error for a video that Media player can play, this means either the Video is explicitly 'copy protected', or the 'Codec' that renders the video either deliberately or inadvertedly has prevented Workshop from adding a 'frame grabber' to capture the video. Try saving the video in a different format, or reprocessing it to a different format.

.wmv, should always work, as should .gifs. (remember that Microsoft products do not strictly observe the file extensions on files, so even though your file might have a .wmv extension it may not be in the wmv format)

If you are getting an 'invalid floating point' error, this is almost certainly a bug related to Media created using Directshow circa Windows 7. Simply opening them in a suitable media processing program and resaving them usually fixes this problem.

Mark

Comment

OK thanks,
      I used virtualdub to create an animation from some still frames.THis created an .avi file.I then did a screen capture of this file using movavi screen recorder and saved it as .wmv file.I tried saving the movavi screen grab as an .avi and that didnt work either.I am running Windows10 on my PC.

Carl

Comment

Hmm, well, I have no idea about those programs, or if they've been updated since the Win7 era.

Download Windows Movie Maker (still supported by MS but not included with Windows AFAIK) open the file and save it again.
        Mark

Comment

Got it to work by running the file through movavi after virtualdub.Now it loads into Workshop4 with no problems.Thanks for your help

Carl

Comment

Interesting to hear how the video file is handled.I made some video screens using cheap tfts and did the same thing.I took .wmv files and split them into single frames and then made the single frames into a .raw file to speed up the data transfer to the screen.

Comment

Working...
            X