digital to analog converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital to analog converter

Hi, can you help me figure out how the digital-to-analog converter works on the screen? ULCD-43PT

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not have a built-in digital to analog converters on our displays.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

• John Kevin
      John Kevin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Can I ask specifically what do you want to achieve?
      Did you want to use the speaker on the display module? the Picaso has a sound control function which you can use to play sounds (.wav file).
      For more information, please check the PICASO Internal Functions: https://4dsystems.com.au/mwdownloads...d/link/id/128/
      However, if you are looking for a simple DAC you may want to take look at this example project:
      Function Generator - https://www.4dmakers.net/projects/de...tion-generator

Best Regards,
      Kevin

• lyaksandrov
      lyaksandrov commented
      Editing a comment
      I need this to create a medical device that can generate a certain type of signal

• lyaksandrov
      lyaksandrov commented
      Editing a comment
      To create I need a digital to analog Converter and an analog to digital Converter

Hi,

The uLCD-43PT has no analog input. However, you can use the I2C bus on the display module to have an analog to digital converter.
    Perhaps, this thread may be of some help:
    I2C Devices - expanding Picasso functionality ANALOG/DIGITAL CONVERSION

Our Diablo16 displays modules have built-in ADC, perhaps this is more suited to your application.

For the digital to analog converter, you may use the R2R ladder which is implemented on the project I mentioned above - Function Generator.
    It uses the digital pins available on the display to generate an analog signal.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X