Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porting uLCD-43D to 4D-UPA

Hello Support

We are investigating if it is possible to move our existing uLCD-43D code to the 4D-UPA to overcome the 32kb user flash limitation.

Are there any app notes or guidelines for this process?

Kind regards
    Greg

Hi Greg,

4D-UPA is a programming adaptor. Are you perhaps pertaining to something else?

Diablo16 displays have multiple flash banks. Each of these banks can be utilized to store separate user code.

Here's an application note that discusses these flash banks:
    AN-00149 ViSi – Read and Write Data on Diablo16 Flashbanks
    https://4dsystems.com.au/blog/4d-an-00149/

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Comment

Hi John

Apologies I was referring to the device used in the gen4-IoD, ESP8266 SoC.

For the Diablo16 processor our application requires user code which has is close to 32k less the other relevant resources.

From a hardware perspective the 512kb code space in the ESP8266 was appealing if the code could be ported between hardware. Any further comments / ideas?

Kind regards
      Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,

The gen4-IoD series is programmed as an Arduino compatible device, it uses C/C++ rather than 4DGL.

There may be some things which you cannot port directly on the gen4-IoD.
        Also, gen4-IoD displays are only available for up to 320x240 resolution while your uLCD-43D display has 480x272.

I would suggest for you to explore and utilize first the flash banks available on the Diablo chip.
        Each bank contains 32KB of data.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X