Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35DCT-CLB adhesive failing

Hi folks.

As you can see in the attached picture the adhesive holding my display module to the glass bezel is failing.
    The datasheet specifies the maximum operating temperature at 70°C (which I suspect is more related to the electronic side rather than general use)
    Nevertheless I doubt that my two switching power supplies (5V for the display and 24V for a sensor - drawing well below 50mA) are able to exeed the specified max. temperature.
    To doublecheck I'm planning to run a datalogger measuring the actual temperature in a mock-up case as the actual one is unavailable (which is only vented passively, I admit)

As Murphy predicts, this failure was bound to happen during tradefair and not during developement

While I wait for my temperature measurements, can you guys confirm the 70°C absolute max rating is valid for the used adhesive (you mention 3M-Tape for the bezel frame but nothing for the internal construction)

Have you come across any similar failing?
    Any help is appreciated!

Cheers Wolfgang

Click image for larger version

Name:	Display glue failure.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	69885

Hi Wolfgang,

We haven't seen this as a failure before. It is very difficult to seperate the LCD from the CLB so it is very surprising this has happened. I carried out some test's here to see if it was easy to part the LCD from the CLB after applying heat to 70 degrees and I wasn't able to part them.

It would be interesting to see how warm it gets inside after your tests.

Was the unit subject to any vibration at all, not that this is expected to cause an issue like this as it is very unusual.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
    X