Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not connect to 4 gen-ioD-24D

Hi,

I have several 4gen-ioD-24D displays. And I just can not connect. I once have this little programmer from the kit (small and blue) and once the UPA. Both are recognized as Silicon .. CP ....

But I also get a Com Port in 4D Workshop, he can not connect to the display (Device is not Responding).

The traffic light is red. If I click on the red dot under "Comms" then the display flashes once (as with a reset) and then comes again "Device is not Responding".

Then I found this Arduino Sketch 4DTouchTest. The display can be flashed with the example via the IDE, but then the display simply stays completely white.

Can someone help me?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1680.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	70079

Name:	DSC_1679.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	70078

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your IoD. The 'Device not Responding' message is normal for the IoD series and it isn't necessary to use the red button to try to connect to the IoD, you only need to set the port as the IoD uses the Arduino IDE to compile and flash the display. The Red button is used for our other ranges of displays.

Have you tried programming the other IoDs with the same example sketch and do you get a similar result ?

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi,

So I have 4 displays (two R1.3 and two R1.4) and 4 programming adapters (2 of those little blues, two UPA).

The programmers are all recognized and I get a com port. I have now connected once to the test TX and RX on the programmers. and only the programmers connected.

When I then build a console with Putty, I get the sent character back as an echo. So the programmers are all fine.

I have tested every display now. In the Arduino IDE stand below 4gen ... on COM3.

If I go to Sketch and then to upload then he compiles the sketch and uploads it (display is reset to reset and only the backlight is on).

After that, the same is true on every display. As in the photos just white.

I have tested all examples of 4gdx.

If a display is connected and I connect to a terminal (Putty or Terminal in 4D Workshop) and I send an "h" I get a 61 back and no "h".

I just do not know how to go on.
      Last edited by DmanT; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. Not really sure what is failing for you but I am sure we can fix it.

Your comms setup seem to fine and the Arduino IDE is detecting it ok. The only thing I can think of that the ESP8266 core may the cause as the IoD seems to be flashing the way it is supposed to. The backlight only seems to indicate that the ESP8266 isn't running the initailisation code.

Could you let me know, what version of ESP8266 core you are using and the board that you are selecting in the Arduino IDE.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

This information?

Name:	3.png
Views:	22
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	70088

Name:	2.png
Views:	26
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	70090

Name:	1.png
Views:	27
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	70091
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the information, could you please try to update the core to 2.5.2. There was a change recently that affected the way the SD card was handled and GFX4d had to be modified to suit the changes. Every attempt was made to make it backward compatible but more effort was put into the enhanced benefits of the new core.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hey,

I have now made an update and after I have flashed the test with the arduino ide is in the display "draw something" and I can paint lines

Thank you very much.

Could you maybe tell me how I get the code from the 4D Workshop IDE?

Comment

Hi,

You're very welcome, glad it worked out for you. I have attached a registry key that you can install which will extend the compile timeout in Workshop 4. later versions of the ESP8266 take a bit longer to compile and the key will extend workshops compile timeout time. Just extract it and double click on the registry key to install accepting the messages that appear.

I will find or create an example for you for Workshop 4. It is quite straight forward to use Workshop to create a project. As a test you could just copy the code from the 4DTouchTest and paste it over the generated code in Workshop and then click on Comp'n'Load.

Best regards

Paul

Attached Files

Comment

Where or what exactly do I have to do? So I start workshop 4d and then? I choose new and the display ....... 24dt. Now I have the selection of serial, genius ... what do I choose now? And where do I click then click to flash the Coda directly on the display?

Comment

Hi,

When you start a new project you select the display which is gen4-IoD-24T and then it should open up to a code window with pre generated code. It is important to select the correct display so that it will enter the correct programming environment.

I have attached an example that you can open in Workshop 4

To make this work correctly you will need to add a line in the setup part of the code if it isn't already added

gfx.touch_Set(TOUCH_ENABLE);

Best regards

Paul
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X