Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visi-Genie C and C++ libraries for custom MCU

Hi,

For use with my own MCU (Microchip SAM) to interface with a 4D Systems display I see two possible libraries I could port:

1. The old Arduino C++ library

2. The newly added https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Genie-C-Library

Looking at them they seem quite different. Which one would you recommend regarding features and stability? To me it does not matter if it uses C or C++.

Thanks in advance,

Anguel

Hi Anguel,

I would recommend using the new C library if you have no preference to C or C++. The new library is proven to be very stable and your system will benefit greatly from it's new code design

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Thanks a lot, Paul. I actually expected it to be the other way round because the Arduino library exists for a long time ;-)
      Do you have some more extensive examples for using the C library? E.g. with multiple screens and a finite state machine architecture? That would really help.

Comment

Hi Anguel,

I will ask the team if we have any other suitable examples.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Thanks a lot, this would be great.
          I just want to double check that the new C library is regarded as production-ready, I see all those BETA hints in the code...

Comment

Hi Anguel,

The new C library has been extensively tested so you can be assured of it's functionality and is regarded as production-ready. As with all new libraries, we welcome any feedback during it's initial use so we can constantly improve them.

I will update you as soon as new examples become available.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X