4D system controlling resistance box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4D system controlling resistance box

4D LCD is used to control a resistance box with 4-wire shielded connection that provides precise resistance settings from 0 to 100 MegaOhm in step of 0.1 Ohm. The resistance box can simulate three various RTD (PT100 / PT500 / PT1000) from -200°C to 850°C. The temperature can be entered either in °C or in Fahrenheit.

resistance box

The 4D LCD and entire resistance box can be remotely controlled via RS232C from PC with a LabView control software (MS Windows 7):.

the LabView control software communicate witl 4D LCD and control resistance box from remote PC

Hello,

That looks awesome, Thank you for sharing your project on the forum!

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Hello Kevin,
      this photo is from Sep 2019. In the meantime, I have upgraded the instrument (called "Rbox") and the 43-ULCD display replaced with 5" display. The higher resolution give more possibilities. The software was also upgraded.
      On the other hand, the 5" display has a disadvantage with the 30 pin ZIF socket. Yes, it could be connected to programmer cable via small adapter board which I received with the display. But if I need to develop a software and use in the same time this 5-pin adapter board to programming cable and to have access to other I/O display port, that's a problem. I suggest you to make an adapter board with header for programming cable and header with access to all other display pins, like you have on 43-uLCD display.

Comment

Hello Kevin,
      thank you for link. I have bought with GEN4-uLCD-50 with a BBB adapter. I assume, I can use it for development and programming with a programming cable.
      Do you have datasheet for "5-way female-to-female ribbon cable with male-to-male adapter ? Thank you

Comment

Hi

The gen4-4DCAPE-Adaptor is used to connect the gen4-4DCape displays (e.g. gen4-4DCAPE-50T) to the BeagleBone Black.

On the Download Section of the product page is the gen4-4DCAPE Getting Started Manual. It shows you how to connect the Display Module to the BeagleBone Black using the Adaptor Board. You may check this GSM for your reference.

Do you have datasheet for "5-way female-to-female ribbon cable with male-to-male adapter ?
        Unfortunately, there is no datasheet for that.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X