Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue when uploading code to Arduino with shield plugged in

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, only thing Arduino specific I saw.

I'm getting this error code

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 4414 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
    Global variables use 351 bytes (4%) of dynamic memory, leaving 7841 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
    avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
    avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
    An error occurred while uploading the sketch
    whenever I try to upload any code from the IDE to my board with the shield+everything else attached. I did not see anything pop up on Google when searching for an issue related to 4D's shield and this error code. Any help?

Thanks,
    stitch

Hello,

If you have the 4D display connected to your 4D Shield, and the shield on top of your Arduino, then you wont be able to program the Arduino when the display is plugged in as they will be sharing the same comm port. Programming uses Serial0 as does the 4D Shield for the display, so if the display is connected then the programming signals will also be going to the Display and it will be disrupting the programming sequence.
    If you want to be able to program the Arduino when its connected to the Display, then you need to remove some of the jumpers on the 4D Shield and attach jumper wires to an alternative port on your Mega, such as Serial1, Serial2 or Serial3.

This can be seen in section "1.6 Jumper 3 (J3)" of the 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield datasheet. https://4dsystems.com.au/mwdownloads...ad/link/id/85/

Regards
    James

Comment

So should I be able to unplug the shield's connector with the 4D screen and be able to upload a new program to the Arduino just fine?

Edit: Nevermind, the answer was yes. lol
      Last edited by stitch2k1; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
      X