A way via serial to query errors or clear all display errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way via serial to query errors or clear all display errors

I am finding with the serial communication, using the USB adapter and a terminal program, that the display fails to respond consistently. Is there a way to 'clear' errors in the display so it responds more consistently.

I see that the 'Genie Test eXecutor' seems to be able to 'recover' from then the display is non-responsive. I am assuming it's sending some 'Clear all' command.

What is this serial command?

In detail: I am getting very inconsistent responses to to Query Form "00 0A 00 0A" command, it does not work most times...I get 05 0A back, which is not a complete response, no matter hold long I want for the screen to send the response bytes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4D reset on open.png
Views:	30
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	70318
    What extactly is transcated to the display via serial, when this 'Reset on open' is set to TRUE?

Regards
    Jack

Hi Jack,

I am finding with the serial communication, using the USB adapter and a terminal program,
    Can I ask what is the "USB" adapter you are using? As well as the terminal program you used.

In detail: I am getting very inconsistent responses to to Query Form "00 0A 00 0A" command, it does not work most times...I get 05 0A back, which is not a complete response, no matter hold long I want for the screen to send the response bytes.
    Can you post here the logs from the GTX Tool?

What extactly is transcated to the display via serial, when this 'Reset on open' is set to TRUE?
    It is a hardware reset from the programmer.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Update: The inconsistency was on on my end. It transposed the 0A to A0...late night programming. Software: LabVIEW Embedded.

However, I would still like to know the 'Reset on open' command...

Regards
      Jack Hamilton

Comment

• John Kevin
        John Kevin commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Jack,

As mentioned before, the 'Reset on open' is a hardware reset - which uses the Reset Pin on the programmer.

Best Regards,
        Kevin
    Working...
    X