Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you set CONTRAST in Visi-Genie Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you set CONTRAST in Visi-Genie Program?

Hey All,

I am currently working with an application where I want to set the contrast on a uLCD-70DT to a value of 0x04. I am able to WIRELESSLY send this command from the host microcontroller to the uLCD-70DT with no problem.

BUT if I cycle the power on the uLCD-70DT, then the contrast by default is 0x0F when the power comes back on.

So I would like to be able to somehow save the contrast setting to the uSD card so that I do not have to send a command from the host microcontroller to the uLCD-70DT.

Some background on why I reduce the contrast:
    I have a 5V voltage regulator in my circuit that powers the uLCD-70DT and the RF transceiver (xBee Pro S3B). The voltage regulator seems to get awfully HOT. There must be a current limiter in the voltage regulator that shuts down the output power when it gets too hot.

I am using voltage regulator P/N MIC29310-5.0WT (see Digi-Key link below). It is rated for [email protected] 3A which is more than enough. My input voltage is 12V.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/...=1&pageSize=25

Any thoughts???

TIA
    --Neal
    TIA,

Neal

Hi Neal,

Can you set CONTRAST in ViSi-Genie Program?
    Yes, it can be done with Genie Magic. Please do keep in mind that you need a Pro license for the Workshop4 IDE to access this feature.

So I would like to be able to somehow save the contrast setting to the uSD card so that I do not have to send a command from the host microcontroller to the uLCD-70DT.
    Please see AN-00161 ViSi-Genie Magic How to Read a File and AN-00199 ViSi-Genie Magic Code Insertion Points for reference.

In addition, you might want to check this forum thread:
    Reading a number from a text file

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Sherwin

Comment

Working...
    X