How to add/edit code in Visi-Genie project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add/edit code in Visi-Genie project

I have my first Visi-Genie display together, and am trying to understand the various events. I have a scope tied to the Tx pins on the 4D-UPA and can see data transmitted when I use the GTX tool. There is a slider which has an "onChanged" event doing "Report Message" plus an "onChanging" event sending to the "Leddigt0Set". When I move the slider on the display - nothing is on the Tx pin.But when I click the "Set" button on the GTX panel - I see data on the scope - and the display changes.

would also like to know how to add new code to a project created with Visi-Genie. Can’t find actual source files for the code.

also - how do Report Messages get sent? By way of a GPIO pin? Have not found anything definitive on how the Messages are sent from the display.
    My plan is to send this data to an Arduino/mcu - what step am I missing?
    Last edited by alan856; 21 November 2019, 12:27 PM. Reason: Left out some important questions.

Hi,

I tested the same set of widgets on my end and didn't encounter any hiccup. Could you please make sure that you re-compiled your project and copied the generated graphics to your uSD card? Please see attached project file. Slider Led Digits.zip

How to add/edit code in Visi-Genie project
    This feature is only available in Workshop4 Pro. Kindly follow this link if you need to purchase WS4 PRO license.

My plan is to send this data to an Arduino/mcu - what step am I missing?
    Have you look at AN-00017 ViSi Genie Connecting a 4D Display to an Arduino Host already by any chance? This appnote should help get you started quickly with your project.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Sherwin

Comment

Working...
    X