Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnEvent handler-Serial communication- visigene environment

Hi ,
    I'm trying to build a user interface using your LCD (Gene4-uLCD-70DCT which communicates with a TI MCU (MSP432E401Y )

I build a trackbar() a meter() and a leddigits() , I set the events as following

for the trackbar() onchanged meter(0)set
    meter(0) onchanged leddigits(0)set
    leddigit(0) onchange report messgae

so I'm excpecting that this trigger a report message event sent over serial port and captured by the MCU to execute control functions, so I'm excpecting to get a
    Report_event (0x07 ) ascii on the serial port but I'm getting nothing

I use the GTX tool to see the serial communication code , and it dispaly nothing

ANY one can help please ?
    Last edited by bemin; 1 week ago.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Did you take a look at this application note: AN-00002 ViSi-Genie onChanging and onChanged Events?
    Can I also ask for the programming adaptor you are using? And how are you connecting the display module to the microcontroller?

I use the GTX tool to see the serial communication code , and it dispaly nothing
    Are you using COM0? Please see attached file

Best Regards,
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Comment

I looked at the example document you mentioned above, I downloaded it and changed the project device to the 70DCT. I built the project and copied it to the SD card using the Tool provided in the workshop 4 SW, I changed the configuration to match the configuration you attached above.

I opened the GTX and it connects to the port and :

- If I moved the trackerbar (from the GTX panel) and hit set i can see the trackerbar -on the display- changing to the values I set it too from GTX . but only the trackerbar NOT the meter or the led
      - If I changed the trackerbar from the display it doesn't send any information to the GTX . I DON'T see trackbar changed [.....]
      -
      Changing the tackerbar on the display changes both the meter and the led-but ony on the Display nothing happening on the GTX
      - If I clicked query from the GTX panel I can see the massage sent to the display and it return back with the value of the tackbar.

my issue still the same:
      On event nothing sent to the serial port (GTX)
      Please see attached supported materials

Attached Files

Comment

I am using the gen4-PA adaptor that came with the display kit. The first thing I'm doing is doing the test using the GTX tool provided with workshop 4.
        but down the road I'll be using the gene4-IB that came with the display KIT .

Comment

Hello,

- If I changed the trackerbar from the display it doesn't send any information to the GTX . I DON'T see trackbar changed [.....]
          - Changing the tackerbar on the display changes both the meter and the led-but ony on the Display nothing happening on the GTX
          The OnChanged Event is set to "Leddigits" while the OnChanging Event is set to "Meter". If you want to send the message to the GTX, you need to change any of the said events to "Report Message".

On event nothing sent to the serial port (GTX)
          If you want the widget to send a message on the serial port, you need to set the Event to "Report Message".

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
          Kevin

Comment

Yes, I tried that as well!! as it is mentioned in the document you sent me earlier, but still I didn't receive anything on the serial port.
            I'm not sure what I'm missing ?

Comment

Hi

Could you please try the example attached example with GTX to see if you get the expected result

Best regards

Paul
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I tried the example above and I didn't get the expected results!
                note: i changed the Onchanged to "Report massage" and didn't get any massages on the GTX

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for trying. I did get a report message in GTX from the code I sent you

Click image for larger version

Name:	ReportMessage.png
Views:	16
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	70464

Comment

Would it be possible to send me a photo of your setup

Comment

Sure! Do you want a photo of the hardware setup or the code setup ?

Comment

Hardware setup would be best, thanks

Comment

Okay, I'm not on my office at the moment, I'll send it once I get to my office-which mostly going to be on Monday cuz of the holidays.
                          -B

Comment

Okay so I re-tested your example and It reports the massage when i go throught the GTX , but it doesn't work if i go through the MCU ?

Comment

Hi,

Thats good to hear. So we have a comms issue between the display and the MCU. It might be worthwhile if you are certain everything is ok on the MCU side, jut to try swapping RX and TX. Also make sure there is a common GND between the MCU and display

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X