• Show
Clear All

sure it is "4GB Micro SD HC Industrial Grade"
    Attached Files

Comment

Did you find out where is the issue ?>

Comment

Hi,

No we haven't found any issues in both sets of code and your issue hasn't been seen before, however we are not fully able to test your code so I am still looking through it to see what could be the problem. The reason for asking the type of SD card was to make sure you were using an Industrial Grade SD card which you are so that won't be the cause.

I will update you if I find something

best regards

Paul

Comment

Okay, keep me in the loop please

Comment

until you figure out this issue, I 'll add a screen sever! is there away to add a screen save(gif or video) that runs for ever and when it is clicked form0 is loaded ?

I tried your example, but the problem If I loaded a gif to a usrbutton it doesn't run /play

Comment

Hi,

Ok, You won't be able to run a video in a user button but I will try something here. Are you using the Pro version of Workshop 4 ?

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi,

You can create a video object and place it on the display and then create a userbutton without an image over the top of the video. While the video is playing you can check for the userbutton being pressed and you can then stop the video and relaunch the Form

I hope this helps. I am still trying to find the reason for images being removed from the form.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Thanks, But I figured out a different route, using a timer from the MCU to trigger the LCD Timer. Any luck with the other issue ??

Comment

Any Luck?
                    Is your LCD industrial graded for embedded work ?

Comment

This is very unprofessional. If you have a product you should stand behind your product give support and be responsive.
                      I haven't got a response for more than 2 weeks. This is such a joke.

Comment

Hi,

Very sorry for the delay, We still haven't found the reason for your images disappearing but trying copy your setup isn't straight forward as we don't have a TI MCU (MSP432E401Y ) to hand but I will spend more time with it over the next couple of days even if it becomes necessary to get hold of the same MCU.As I said previously there is nothing obvious in your code that could cause it but ideally having the MCU to test with will make debugging a lot easier. Please bear with me a day or two while I organize the MCU and try to fully run your code as it is, We will then be able to pinpoint the issue more accurately.

Again my apologies for not keeping you updated but you mentioned that you were using a workaround with a video and I assumed this was working out for you. I hope to have a better solution by early next week.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Okay, since you can't find any issue in the code and for the sake of time, let's find a work around. Is there away to write a magic genie code to force refresh/redraw the objects on the LCD screen every few minutes on a timer ,this way the object won't disappear ?

Comment

Hi,

I've attached an example which has 2 magic objects. MagicObject1 will clear the screen and MagicObject0 will show the buttons again. You can test this with the GTX tool.

Best regards

Paul
                            Attached Files

Comment

okay I see, when the object value is set to 1 the code gets executed ,cool
                              it possible to convert a project was build in genei environment to a visi-environment ?
                              is it possible to use a timer to trigger the magic event or the magicobject ?
                              Last edited by bemin; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Hi,

There is no automatic conversion between Genie and Visi. You can can have the Genie project open in workshop and a new Visi project open and copy the the widgets by using CTRL & C and then CTRL & V or by using SHIFT also to multiple select widgets and then paste them all in the new Visi project. The code will be different but for each object copied, there will be the Paste Code button available which will paste the code for the widget into the Visi code.

One thing to note with the conversion to Visi, there will be no in built serial handling so you would have to code this yourself.

It would be possible to use a timer to do this, how long an interval would you need this to operate.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X