Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

µSD Shared between Touch Screen & USB drive to update µSD without µSD physical remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• µSD Shared between Touch Screen & USB drive to update µSD without µSD physical remove

Dears,

I've worked to get a tool to update µSD card with USB cable without removing the µSD card from the Touch Screen's slot.
    I have now a hardware fully working. I can update the Touch Screen "software" on µSD using USB cable connected to a PC.

Do not hesitate if you need this feature or some help !!

Have a nice day !

I have two PCB
    The first PCB board designed (dimension) connected on the µSD slot of the touch screen.
    It's cabled to my special main PCB.
    This main PCB includes the physical µSD (with its own µSD slot) + USB interface + cabling to the µSD PCB (connected/placed on the touch screen µSD slot).

When I connect my main PCB with USB cable to my PC, I see the the µSD as a USB key and I can simply edit/copy/delete/paste the files in the µSD.
    When the USB cable is not connected to the PC, the Touch Screen is fully working and fully accessing to the µSD.
    My main PCB switches the access to the physical µSD from Touch Screen to USB/PC when the USB is connected.

It works fine and allows easy access to the µSD without any software ! Easy and simple Update for customer/tech support, ...

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for sharing another solution on how to transfer data to the uSD card without having to remove it on the display.
      As you may know, we already have a utility to allow this to happen: File Transfer over serial (Programming) cable Utility.
      For your application, this requires a custom board. You may share here your design (or some pictures) so that other users can have an idea on how did you implement this on your project.
      It can also spark some interest in other members.

Have a good day!

Best Regards,
      Kevin

Comment

Yes there is the File Transfer Utility.... but it is SLOOW! The connection by usb sound like it should be fast. Would like to know more about it.

Originally posted by John Kevin View Post
        Hello,

Thank you for sharing another solution on how to transfer data to the uSD card without having to remove it on the display.
        As you may know, we already have a utility to allow this to happen: File Transfer over serial (Programming) cable Utility.
        For your application, this requires a custom board. You may share here your design (or some pictures) so that other users can have an idea on how did you implement this on your project.
        It can also spark some interest in other members.

Have a good day!

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191127_113249.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	70454

Comment

Yikes! That looks like some serious electronics.. wouldn’t have thought it would take so much. Nice work for sure - will you be making any boards or kits for salaried?

Comment

Working...
            X