Arduino Demo not getting to uLCD-32PT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arduino Demo not getting to uLCD-32PT

Current project (kinda first) is to get an Arduino Uno (eventually to run on ESP32 for wireless) to run the genie_Arduio_Demo script to operate a uLCD-32PT display. All software is the latest. Display is connected via 4D-UPA and is on port 11. The Uno is on port 3.

Using a terminal program I can see data being transmitted by the Uno (also see Tx LED blink). When I use the the 9600 baud terminal in Workshop 4, I see the data coming in from the Arduio.

When I look at port 3 (display) with Termite (great free terminal pgm) I see data like this:

00 13 00 13 01 08 00 00 0b 02 ..........
    00 13 00 13 ....
    01 08 00 00 0a 03 ......
    00 13 00 13 ....
    01 08 00 00 09 0

When I send random text (display port 3) from Termite - I see the geen LED on the 4D-UPA blink - but on the Uno the Rx led does nothing, and the display is totally inert - not displaying any changes sent from the Arduino script.

when I operate the display with a stylus - all things work - a slider increments 4 digits, and a CoolGauge moves correctly. There is a UserLED that when the digits are at 0 shows a background, and as soon as the slider moves the User button becomes a box with an X across the diagonals. I suspect THAT is my error.

But why the display seems to be not responding to the data from the Arduino has me in a "super wheel-slip" mode!

Any thought greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by alan856; 1 week ago. Reason: added more info

Hello,

When I send random text (display port 3) from Termite - I see the green LED on the 4D-UPA blink - but on the Uno the Rx led does nothing, and the display is totally inert - not displaying any changes sent from the Arduino script.
    If you sent random text, this is to be expected. Working under ViSi-Genie environment, the display will only respond to its own communication protocol called Genie Standard Protocol. Please see ViSi-Genie User Reference Manual(or press F1 on WS4 to bring it up) and ViSi-Genie User Guide for more information regarding the commands and parameters of each widget in ViSi-Genie. Have you had the chance to use the integrated debugger GTX(Genie Test eXecutor) located in the Tools tab?

and as soon as the slider moves the User button becomes a box with an X across the diagonals
    Did you make sure to add images to the User Button and re-compile your project? Please see AN-00030 ViSi-Genie User Button for a detailed explanation on how to use the widget.

But why the display seems to be not responding to the data from the Arduino has me in a "super wheel-slip" mode!
    If you don't mind, I would like to replicate your setup on my end. Could you please post your current sketch and ViSi-Genie project here? Please compress your project via WS4(File > Zip Project).

Best regards,
    Sherwin
    Last edited by sherwin4D; 1 week ago.

Comment

I wasn't worried about the user=button - take full responsibility for that boo-boo. Also - I have about 40 or more app-notes and manuals downloaded, and have been going thru them over and over. I'm not new to programming and the 4D Workshop does make things pretty easy... hence my confusion when it " just doesn't work". :-)

Per your request I'm enclosing Arduino sketch and 4D project
      Attached Files

Comment

• sherwin4D
        sherwin4D commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,

Thank you for uploading your project files. Can you post pictures of your hardware setup(wirings, how the display module is connected to Uno, etc.) as well?

Kind regards,
        Sherwin
    Working...
    X