Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input numeric value - Pages

Hi,
    any advice on how to input numeric value and how to manage pages?
    I have to set up a timer in a custom page opened in the main page by a button, input the values, and returning to the main page.
    Thank's in advance

Hi,
    any advice on how to input numeric value
    Are you perhaps referring to the keyboard widget? There are a lot of examples in the Workshop4 for 4Duino modules.
    File -> Samples -> 4Duino -> Extended Graphics -> Keyboard

For the timer, you may want to implement the millis() function. Set a flag when the button has been pressed and start the timer on your code. When the timer expires, then return to the main page.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Hi John,
      I was searching for something like 'number input box' as GuiSlice.
      Keyboard is too big for my needs. I'm going to input the timer values with a 'spinner', made by text and buttons.
      Do I have to implement the page change by myself or you have designed some facilities to help?

ps. millis() it's all but a perfect timer. You have to use interrupts to be precise.

Comment

Hi,

Keyboard is too big for my needs.
        You could customize the keyboard widget by using only the numeric keypad. You can also change the key size or even the color.
        If you are unsure of how to do it, you may use this application note as a reference:
        AN-00003 ViSi-Genie Customised Keyboard

'm going to input the timer values with a 'spinner', made by text and buttons.
        However, if you want a 'spinner' or some sort, as what you have said you can use buttons and textbox/led digit.

Do I have to implement the page change by myself or you have designed some facilities to help?
        If you want to add another form on the project, click the Widgets Tab, select the System/Media, and click the "Form"
        Before changing the page, you need to implement a routine to clear all the widgets and disable it. Then call the next page and show the widgets containing on that page.

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Hi John,
          many thanks

Comment

I'm not satisfied at all with this 80€ card.

GuiSlice is far away smarter

Comment

Hi,

I haven't used the GuiSlice until now, however, I still think that the Workshop4 is better in terms of designing your application (e.g. adding custom images, and presenting a beautiful layout).
              I cannot see this option on the GuiSlice. In case you are looking for a specific widget to use/implement on Workshop4, there are a lot of alternatives that you can use.

Can we ask for any input on how can you say that it is far away smarter?

Best Regards,
              Kevin

Comment

Hi John,
                I want to be clear that all I'm talking about is in a pure spirit of collaboration
                GS has some little differences makes life easier. Here are my 2 cents.
                I have to say that Workshop4 has a better widget graphics, and having it on a separate chip makes the difference.
                On other platforms, playing video is almost impossible, and needs powerful CPU's (>arm32).
                I didn't try the esp chip jet. (I'm usually with esp32) but I will.

What I don't like:
                - Pages management:
                you don't have a single instruction to switch between pages, and you have to implement it by your own.
                - Text and labels:
                labels are ugly...why don't you use fonts and make a sort of 'writable' static text?
                - I have to 'generate code' manually...
                - DOCUMENTATION is too dispersive.
                - Workshop4 editor... I don't like it...I prefer things like ProgrammersNotepad or similar.
                - 4Duino is too expansive

What I Like:
                - It's a compact device, easy to integrate
                - HW in itself is well designed and well built.
                - Forum people are smart and fast in their responses. (this is the reason I wrote my observations)

Last thing, less important and slightly offtopic, but...ATMega is now too old and overwhelmed by the new CPU's on the market.
                New boys in town are ESP32...K210...Sam5D... and we all like to play with them!
                Last edited by dextop; 9th December 2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Hi,

We appreciate your reply and feedback as well as taking your time to post here your inputs.

I will just comment on some things:
                  labels are ugly...why don't you use fonts and make a sort of 'writable' static text?
                  The 'label widget' uses the pre-defined fonts available on the display. The 'Statictext' and 'Strings' can use an external font that is stored on the memory card.

If you want to have a dynamic text with a custom font, (1) use the 'Strings' widget to load a custom font on your memory card, (2) then set the font on the program, (3) print something
                  Code:
                  hFontn = Display.file_LoadImageControl("NoName3.dnn", "NoName3.gnn", 1); // Open handle to access uSD fonts, uncomment if required and change nn to font number
                  Display.txt_Set(FONT_ID, hFontn);
                  Display.print("Hello World");
                  I have to 'generate code' manually...
                  We do have the ViSi-Genie Environment which I think is what you are looking for. On Visi-Genie, an input widget can raise an event (e.g. navigation of the page, or changing the state of another widget) and does not need any code to be inserted on the program. However, you need to program the Picaso and the Atmel separately.

Thank you for the kind comments.
                  We always want to hear what our customers think of our product. This can help us to further improve some things that we may be lacking.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,
                  Kevin
                  Last edited by John Kevin; 10th December 2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X