Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a thinner uOLED-160-G2 for thin enclosure

THE ISSUE

I'm working on a project with uOLED-160-G2 and two user input buttons and one tiny reset button in the upper right corner for the arduino.
    There's nothing wrong with the display, there's just a bubble in the original protective plastic the screen ships with.

I need to get rid of the tall protruding pins from the uOLED-160-G2 so I can have a rear cover without the pins sticking out.

I'd like to have the wires running the display and the buttons exit the case from one location elsewhere.

Note: You can see the back cover plastic pins that hold the switches in place are ugly because the 3d printer prints each layer on top too soon and the previous layer hasn't cooled yet. It gets ugly when printing on top of warm soft plastic. I just need to add another decoy part to print right next to the back cover, that will keep the printer busy longer with each layer so there's cooling time. I'm too lazy to start modding the g-code.

I found a picture on the internet where somebody seems to have clipped the bottom row even numbered pins and then bent and soldered wires to the top row odd pins to run the display. See https://www.instructables.com/id/OLED-Car-Gauges/

MY QUESTIONS:

Before I take drastic possibly damaging action to modify the display, I'm hoping there's a better way to accomplish my goal.

Is it possible to de-solder the pins and substitute wires?

Is it possible to buy uOLED-160-G2 display units without pins?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Last edited by db2wings; 8 December 2019, 03:53 AM.

Hi,

Good Day to you.

Removing the pins may damage the display if not done properly. The best way is to contact our Sales for this especial arrangement, sales at 4dsystems dot com dot au.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Ferdinand

Comment

Ok thanks, I'll contact them

Comment

Working...
      X