How to clear the scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clear the scope?

I've have a working deployment of the scope. However, I wish to 'clear' the scope buffer. For example, my system is displaying multiple channels of data, which an Up/Dwn button allows the user to scope trace any of the channels.

When a different channel data is set to the scope - I wish to 'clear' the scope buffer. ...Leaving the scope form and switching back - does NOT clear the scope, I cannot find any information about the scope function.

I am using Genie and need to send this comand via serial, or when the Form is called - 1. Call the form 2. Wipe the scope buffer.

Also, more documentation would be nice, the only scope tutorital is a single trace, and it does not detail how to send multiple traces data. Thru trial and error, it's the same single trace command,...it only sequences, thru. So sending the a scope update once = scope trace 1, again = scope trace 2...so to write all 4 traces. You send 4 scope values, successively.

Regards
    Jack

Hi Jack,

You can write '0' to the scope widget or use the gfx_RectangleFilled function to draw over the previous traces of the scope.

Please refer to this forum thread:
    Clear traces on Scope Object
    https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/60738

So sending the a scope update once = scope trace 1, again = scope trace 2...so to write all 4 traces. You send 4 scope values, successively.
    Yes, that is correct and thanks for the feedback.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Can you detail the 'Write '0'. Writing a numeric value of zero to the scope, only plots a value of 0. I can't find any document on the scope function. Playing around with it, I determined that it can do multiplots...but again. This is not well documented.

Also: How via Serial port calls to the display - can I call the 'gfx_Rectangle Filled function.

Would I have to go into the deployed screen code itself?....not sure it's in my current understanding...
      Jack

Comment

Hi Jack,

By writing '0' to the scope object, the previous plot is being cleared/re-drawn. The number of 0's that you will write depends on the max-width of the scope. This can be directly coded on the display or even on the host controller.

Using the Pro Version of Workshop4, you can add 4DGL codes (which includes the gfx_Rectangle Filled) function.
        Alternatively, you can use the Serial Environment to send the serial command on the display. However, using this environment, all of the controls are with the host controller.

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X