Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, Picaso display no longer responds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Kevin
    replied
    Hi Erik,

It seems that you have also opened a ticket regarding your concern. Please check your e-mail for the response.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Erik
    started a topic Help, Picaso display no longer responds.

Help, Picaso display no longer responds.

I have a ULCD-32PTU connected to an Arduino UNO and had my code and display working fine when I worked on it a little over a year ago. I am now trying to upgrade the code and I am no longer able to communicate with the ULCD-32PTU; I just get a “Device is not responding” in the status window. I have searched the forum but all the cases that I have found, for this status do not seem to work for me.

The display is still showing my original project but it is not interacting with the Arduino.
    I have tried with both the Arduino shield (Rev 2.00) and with a uUSB-PA5 (Rev 1.02), these are the same ones I used before. I have tested with 2 different Win10 systems and both are showing the same thing.

Here is what I have tried (did not install a uSD card):

1. Arduino shield:
    • PC is seeing the Arduino as COM5.
    • When I connect the display shows the “Drive not mounted…”
    • When clicking on the traffic light it scans the com port and resets the display, (verified that the reset signal was being asserted). Then the status window just shows the “Device is not responding” but does not give any details
    • When I scope the TX and RX signals on the 30 pin header I only see a few toggles on the TX1, but not on TX0 or either of the RX signals.
    2. uUSB-PA5 connected to the 5-pin header on the back of the ULCD-32PTU:
    • PC is seeing the USB serial port on COM6 and the drivers say they are up to date.
    • When I connect the display shows the “Drive not mounted…”
    • When clicking on the traffic light it scans the com port but does not reset the display (verified that the reset signal was not being asserted). Then the status window just shows the “Device is not responding” but does not give any details.
    • When I scope the TX and RX signals on the 30-pin header I do not see any toggling on any of the TX or RX signals.
    3. uUSB-PA5 connected to the 30-pin header on the back of the ULCD-32PTU (to verify any bad connections):
    • Does the same thing as connected to the 5-pin header
    4. PmmC load test with both Arduino Shield and uUSB-PA5:
    • Auto Update: Said that it did not find a device on COM5.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4D_directory.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.3 KB ID:	70645
    • Manual mode:
      • uUSB-PA5: If I use the uLCD-32PTU-A-R44.PmmC (shown above) I get “Unexpected response from display: -0”.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4D_manual1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.8 KB ID:	70646
    • Arduino shield: If I use the uLCD-32PTU-A-R44.PmmC I get “Error from Setcommstate”
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4D_manual2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.5 KB ID:	70647

Thanks for any help.
    -Erik
Working...
X