Switching colour of Led segment display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching colour of Led segment display

I have a requirement to change the colour of the LED display segments after a certain value is reached from the input of the linked trackerbar or input from an external sensor on a host controller. Is it possible to do this within Workshop or is this something only an output from the host controller can achieve?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, it is possible. You can use three LED digits (or more) with different colors to show after a certain value has been reached. This should be possible using the ViSi-Environment/ViSi-Genie Magic (available on PRO version of WS4).

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Thanks for responding Kevin. I would have thought it possible to perform this action without resorting to workshop pro. I have managed this without much effort using an arduino board to control a 'dumb' tft display so I would have thought the 4D displays with the power of their on-board processor be capable of doing the same. However I will defer to your expert advice and attempt this if/when I invest in worksop pro license. Happy New year!

Comment

Hi,

It is possible to do this without Pro and a host controller but it does involve some programming and the use of the Visi environment. I have attached an example that does this so you can see how the code is written to get the value from the trackbar and then choose which coloured set of LED digits to show based on the value.

Best regards

Paul
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for this info.

Comment

Problem sorted . Used various colour LED digits objects and overlaid each forming the appearance of one set of digits. Then the each colour is selected by the host controller depending on conditional statements. I assume by overlaying a completely blank digit set of LEDs and selecting this object, then inserted into a timing loop, I should be able to make the digits flash on and off.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the update

Yes, you could create an LED digits object with the same digit on colour as the digit off colour and this could be used to flash the digits.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X