Basic HMI Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic HMI Symbols

I think it would be great if Visie Genie had some basic HMI symbols such as pumps, valves, motors, tanks, pipes etc.
    At the moment I am drawing these with Windows Paint 3D and using the "UserImages" function within Visie Genie to show these symbols on the LCD screen. My LCD screen is connected to an Arduino Uno and I am using the Arduino code to select the images when required.
    Using Paint 3D is very monotonous, is there an easier way of doing things?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Usually, the custom images are done by our customers. You can place these images on a widget to show it on the display.

I think it would be great if Visie Genie had some basic HMI symbols such as pumps, valves, motors, tanks, pipes etc.
    Are you referring to a custom gauge?

We have a Smart Gauge available on the Workshop4 PRO version.
    Perhaps, these application notes may help you on how you can use these custom gauges on your project:
    AN-00040S Smart Widgets: Tank - https://4dsystems.com.au/blog/4dls-an-00040s/
    AN-00038S Smart Widgets: 120-degree Gauge - https://4dsystems.com.au/blog/4dls-an-00038s/

However, If it only acts as a stilled picture displaying just the icon then just what you are already doing, you need to generate each symbol for it.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Hi John,
      Thanks for getting back to me.
      Attached are images I have created. Each image is different. The intent of the different images is to show or animate on the LCD screen to the user the status of the pump and valves depending on which section of watering the user is selecting to water via the irrigation system. There are actually 7 images in total but the upload limit is 5.
      This took me hours to develop.
      For example I used Excel drawing feature to draw each individual valve, tank, pump, lines etc. I then copied these into Windows Paint 3D where I could make sure the size of each symbol was correct and looked good when fitting in a pixel space of 200 High x 300 Wide. I then saved each Paint 3D image as a jpeg file that I could then use in Visie Genie.
      If the symbols were available in Visie Genie the task might have only taken me 30 minutes.
      Or better yet if Visie Genie allowed the user to create their own symbols that could be saved and reused that would be great.
      Or even if a repository of symbols could be stored on the 4D website for example, where the user could download a symbol to use would be great. Such a repository could then be used by the users to upload any symbols they would like to share, but I know it's not that simple either.

You mentioned that custom symbols are done by your customers. I'm curious as to what software tools they use, do you know? If there is a better way of doing things I'm happy to learn.

Regards
      Rob

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply.

You can use any editing software tools which you are comfortable to work with (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, GIMP). However, if you haven't yet tried to use any of this software then I think this is the best opportunity to learn. There are lots of tutorials that you can find online with regards to the software mentioned above. If you do not have time to create each symbol, then you might want to look for free images/icons available online.

Please do note that we are not affiliated with any of these software/websites. This is just my personal view of the subject and observation based on the previous application with our customers.

Good luck and Have fun with your projects!

Best Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X