Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display a logo from the SD card

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to display an image stored on the SD card.
    The image can be JPG, BMP, PNG, ... but won't be GCI.

Basically, I need to have a standard program, that I can easilly customize with a logo when requested.
    As far as I know, the only way is to open the workshop, change the image, re-compile the project, and then program my display.
    This is a heavy process, which I would like to avoid.

I tried using something like this, but as expected, it did not work. I believe file_Image only works with GCI files.
    Code:
    var tstHandle ;
    tstHandle := file_Open("logo.jpg", 'r');
    file_Image(0,0,tstHandle);
    Is there any workaround ? Like opening a bmp file and reading it pixel by pixel ?
    It's not a big deal if it takes a bit of time to display this image.

Hi Vincent,

Perhaps, you might want to use a 'BMP' file as the format of the image. You can save the image in 16-bit RGB format. Open the file, and read its contents then use the gfx_putPixel or disp_WrGRAM to draw it on the display. However, this method is very restrictive and is not an optimal solution. Can I ask, what do you need it for? The easiest and best solution is to use the GCI file format to display the image into the display.

You can create you own 'GCI' file by following the GCI file format specified on this forum thread:
    https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/2290

You can also check the utility - "Graphics Composer" if you want to convert your images to the GCI file.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Kevin
    Last edited by John Kevin; 28 January 2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X