Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workshop 4 Pleadings

Hi

Taking as a given the software is free and is very good ..............

Please , I'm begging . Do someting about the constant rebuilding for the graphics when it's not needed .

It really is utterly infuriating when I have to wait for the rebuilding just because I missed a semicolon off the end of a line .
    After a syntax error or misspelling is it required to rebuild the graphics ? .. No it's not.

Can't it be made so the images only get rebuilt when they really have to ? . Or even better add an option never to rebuild unless asked .

I'll go pro if you can do this . scouts honour.

Garry

It's on the list of things to do, unfortunately it's not simple as errors in 4dgl code can be caused by the way the graphics has been previously built, so that's why it gets rebuilt.

As a quick workaround, copy the source to a different name outside of workshop and work with that. Workshop will treat it is a simple designer program and not build the graphics. It will then be up to you to realize when the graphics has changed and to copy your program back.
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by GarryFoster View Post

I'll go pro if you can do this . scouts honour.
      Unfortunately, this won't help. I am using the pro license, and getting the same problem.

I already reported several times this issue, but I have no solution for now.
      When working on "older" displays, I installed back the 4.5.0.** Workshop version, on which the problem was not present. I am now stuck with the latest Workshop 4.6.0.** since I am working on a project with the Discovery 5", which is not supported by older Workshops version.

My project contains 250+ images, the generated GCI file is over 500Mo, and the build time takes ~5 minutes. Getting stuck 5 minutes because of a missing semi-colon is really anoying...

Comment

• Vincent44
        Vincent44 commented
        Editing a comment
        4D Support send over a new version of the Workshop 4.6.0.22 (a beta of the next release ?) and it's now working great !
        Problem solved !

I don't think that's what he meant.

A PRO license will not fix this 'problem'. But the workaround above certainly works and is not very onerous. A 'simpler' workaround could even be to rename the 4DViSi file.

Just looking now it does seem a bit more likely to rebuild the graphics than before. I'll check to see if this is really meant, or is a booboo.
      Mark

Comment

• ESPsupport
        ESPsupport commented
        Editing a comment
        I have emailed you a version of Workshop that wont rebuild the graphics as often. (Fixing an unwanted side effect of another fix)

Hi Mark

thats great however I haven't recieved the email as yet ,

Garry

Comment

• ESPsupport
        ESPsupport commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, only sent it to the other poster. Sent it to you now.

Hello Mark

I have it now thanks , and it's very much appreciated ,
      As usual the support from yourself and the other 4d staff is exemplary .

Regards

Garry

Comment

Working...
      X