Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Vogler
    replied
    Again I thank you kind sir. I will try that once they perchance a new Lic for Pro. I don't know what happened to the copy with lic on another laptop. But getting some kind of error that sounds like I am trying to run a pirated copy and I get amolished (SP?) to NOT DO THAT AGAIN. LOL

Thanks
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Paul,

I know what you mean about forgetting how a project works after several weeks 😀

They will be seperate projects, maybe different versions of the same project. The 4Dgtx file is the file that is created if you use the GTX tool to test.

You could try opening one of the projects with the Genie icon ie DisplayFrames3.4Dgenie and see if it's the same one.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Paul Vogler
    replied
    Again thanks for the great info about file extension. This does beget another question. All 4 files start off with "DisplayFrames"
    After the quotes I have 2.4Dgenie, 3.4Dgenie, 3.4DgenieS, and 3.4Dgtx. What would be the difference between the 4 files? I hate coming back after 4 or 5 years or even 2 weeks after a project was completed and trying to replicate the project. Ok maybe not two weeks but several months is just about as bad as the years. Starting to forget what I had for dinner last night. Getting old is for the birds. LOL

Thanks for all of the help gents.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Vogler
    replied
    Thanks Paul, will start searching on that information. And I do believe it is a genie project.

Leave a comment:

• pauleilio
    replied
    Hi Paul,

The extension will be *.4DGenie if it is a Visi Genie projuect or *.4DVisi if it is a Visi project.

Best regards

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Paul Vogler
    replied
    Thanks sherwin4D for your reply. Ok I might still have the file, but not recognizing it. What would the extension of the file look like (?.GTX)?

Leave a comment:

• sherwin4D
    replied
    Hi Paul,

Welcome back to the forum.

But have the Arduino sketch and the parameter files for the uSD. But there was some code that I had to load on the display. Is there a way to download this from the uLCD and upload it to the Gen4 version?
    Unfortunately, not. We don't have a program tool that can extract the compiled binary from our display modules.

If you have further query, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Sherwin
    Last edited by sherwin4D; 28 January 2020, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Vogler
    started a topic Down loading from a uLCD-43DT memory

Down loading from a uLCD-43DT memory

Hi gang, Was in here a few years back when someone dumped a project on me. With great help I was able to finish the project. The project required me to get the PRO version of 4D Workshop to use the Genie Magic portion of the software. So the display and an Ardunio board to talk to each other and share some data on the uSD card. So here I am 4 or 5 years later and forgetting a lot. But have the Ardunio sketch and the parameter files for the uSD. But there was some code that I had to load on the display. Is there a way to download this from the uLCD and upload it to the Gen4 version? Thanks and hope to not need as much hand holding as in the past. I know that I was something of a pest in the past but hope to be just a few quick questions this time around. Still own you gent a bucket full of gratitude for all of the help last time.
    Paul
Working...
X