Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Slider bug? (or am I doing something wrong?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Slider bug? (or am I doing something wrong?)

Howdy,
    I got my Pro license last night and I've been working to set up a Smart Slider. I've run into an issue where I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I've found a bug in the smart sliders.

I have a smart slider set up modeled after the sample Horizontal Slider but with my own graphics and a 0 -15 value range.

Whenever I move the slider off of the 0 (leftmost) position, the Layer 2 image (the no progress image) shifts to the right and shows past the frame on that side by several pixels. How many pixels it shifts seems to be based on which set of graphics I use.

This issue occurs both in the editor and when loaded to my Gen4 35DT.

I've tried several sets of graphics and tinkered with all the settings, nothing I can find seems to correct the issue. They work perfectly other than this visual issue.

I've attached a small project that shows the issue on two sliders, each with the same settings but different graphics.

If someone can take a a look at this and either explain what I'm doing wrong or let me know that it is indeed a bug (and hopefully an ETA for a fix in that case) I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Keith
    Attached Files

Hi Keith,

Thanks for sending us your project.

Can you please try setting your bottom slider as shown in the image

Click image for larger version

Name:	SliderWidth.png
Views:	49
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	71156

It's not a bug, your image has transparency and the overall width is wider than the frame of the slider so the image underneath will show when it is moved. By setting the size a little shorter to the edge of the frame then this part shouldn't show.

Could you please try this out and let me know if it works

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pauleilio View Post
      Hi Keith,

Thanks for sending us your project.

Can you please try setting your bottom slider as shown in the image

It's not a bug, your image has transparency and the overall width is wider than the frame of the slider so the image underneath will show when it is moved. By setting the size a little shorter to the edge of the frame then this part shouldn't show.

Could you please try this out and let me know if it works

Best regards

Paul

Paul,
      Adjusting the face size had no apparent effect. However, what you said about the image being moved (as opposed to overwritten or having the transparency adjusted) gave me the clue I needed to resolve the issue. All I had to do was go back to my original graphics and trim the transparent "white space" off of the left & right sides, reload the images into workshop & tweak the min/max settings to account for the shorter width and they now work perfectly

Thanks!
      Keith

P.S. In case that didn't make sense, I've attached the fixed project.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X