Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't upload to IOD-09TH with 4D-UPA, tutorials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratch that, I found the post to use Wire.begin(2,0); and now it's happier.

Comment

I finally got everything put together and running last night, and it looks awesome!
      Is there a command to change the backlight brightness? I would love to be able to reduce it at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B98eKhhnP3Y

Comment

Hi,

That looks fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing the viseo with us. So glad you managed to get over the i2C issue and get it working as you expected.

Unfortunately the IoD-09 is a fixed brightness so it isn't adjustable without a hardware modification which I don't think is possible but I will check on this.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Thanks. I would be interested to know the hardware mod even if it was warranty-voiding. Is there a datasheet for the display itself that might help? Perhaps I can PWM the backlight pin.

I also still would love to have custom fonts without the need to SD cards, and I think it can be achieved by porting the drawPixel function in adafruit.gfx

Comment

Hi,

It may be possible to do a hardware modifcation by using a spare GPIO that is PWM capable trough a transistor circuit and onto the pad of R9 after it has been removed. The scematic of the gen4-IoD may help with the circuit

https://4dsystems.com.au/mwdownloads...d/link/id/206/

This is the location od R9 on the IoD-09

Click image for larger version

Name:	iodr33.png
Views:	13
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	71695

A single 33R resistor would be used instead of the many 68R resistors.

Could you let me know which GPIO's you have available and I could modify the library to make this feature work for you.

Could you also send me the font or images used for your project and I will see what can be done in internal falsh to replicate what you have already without the SD card

Best regards

Paul

Comment

IO 8, 9, and 11 are used for SPI for the display. 10 and 12 are used for I2C. So that leaves only IO16 usable, which I was going to use for a button or 1-wire IO, but I guess I can instead use I2C with an IO expander. Of course any rework would be difficult especially in volume.

I don't really know the layout of components on there, I'm wondering if there happens to coincidently be a PWM capable IO nearby R9 that could easily be used. Though again given the size any rework would be a challenge.

At least I know I could permanently reduce the brightness a bit by replacing R9 with a higher value.

Here's the font image I use. Because of the graphic I'm stuck with white, but if this was drawn by code I could not only lose the SD card but also change color...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Avinir.png
Views:	27
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	71703

Comment

Hi,

The image you sent is really small. Do you have a full size image. It may be possible to direct the cooldigits code to read from flash memory. If you prefer you could send your project to me by email to

paul at 4dsystems dot com dot au

Best regards

Paul

Comment

If you click on it the full size image pops up.

Comment

Hi,

Yes I got it eventually, my PC wasn't allowing it to open until I restarted. Many thanks.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                    X