Arduino and gen4d uLCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Maurizio,

Ok, thanks for testing on another display. I can confirm that the library will work with all display sizes so the library is fine. It looks very much like it just isn't recieving. Regarding power, the 43 display won't draw as much current as the other display. When I ran it from the zero Vin pin the setup didin't work. My current setup here uses 2 USB power sources, 1 for the display and 1 for the zero but I think you mentioned that you had tried with an additional power source directly to the display.

Paul

Comment

Yes, the first test on 70 have been done with a external power supply. So the remaining hypothesis is the RX/TX of 70 are broken, but I've the evidence of contrary because the test with Mega 2560 I've done a week ago, and everything worked regularly. Just to have a confirmation today I retested the display with the Mega and everything worked. The first conclusion that comes to mind is that with 5 volt signals (Mega 2560) the uLCD 70 works perfectly, while with the 3.3 volt signal of the MKRzero the so-called tolerance is only an illusion!
      Best regards
      Maurizio
      PS: it would be a good policy to test my statement and when appropriate also to inform the other users and correct the documentation in parts suggests a direct link RX-RX TX -> TX, and other documents, rightly said to cross them.
      .γνῶθι σαυτόν

Comment

Hi Maurizio

How very odd.

Because it works here, we can safely say that there are no software issues etc that can cause this. Also because it works with the Mega then the display is also fine. Can you also confirm that the Display has a GND that also connects to the MKR Zero.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Yes of course. I agree with you that it is not a software problem, but I'm really curious to understand what is causing the strange behaviour, an hardware problem on RXTX lines? Pull up resistor inside uLCD 50? It is possible to see the schematic, just to understand the difference between the 43 either 50 model? Or somebody of 4D sistem? Let me know pls if there is some things we underevaluated from HW side.
          Again thank you very much for your support.
          Best regards
          Maurizio
          .γνῶθι σαυτόν

Comment

Hi Maurizio

These are the datasheets for the 43 and 50 displays

https://4dsystems.com.au/mwdownloads...ad/link/id/61/
            https://4dsystems.com.au/mwdownloads...d/link/id/109/

I will keep on trying here to get my setup to fail in a similar manner to yours

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Did you find something similar to my problems?
              .γνῶθι σαυτόν

Comment

Working...
              X