No announcement yet.

Visi and Serial communication not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you please send me your Visi-Genie progect so I can test it here.

You can zip the project by clicking on File and then Zip Project and then send the zip to me.

Comment

Hi Pauleilio,

Just checking you received my project? I sent it via email.

Comment

• James_4DSystems
        James_4DSystems commented
        Editing a comment
        You replied to the forum post - which therefore sent it to the [email protected] email address. The webmaster has forwarded it on to Paul, however Paul is outside hours now so likely will not reply until his tomorrow.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi Mick,

Thank you. I have now received your project which worked fine for me using GTX.

I set the buttons event to Report Message so it will send a message to your host when a button is pressed

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mick1.png
Views:	39
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	72258

This is the output from GTX

Name:	Mick2.png
Views:	29
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	72259

Are you seeing any serial traffic in the panel on the right ?

Best regards

Paul

Comment

OK. yes I did that too and yes I can see traffic on the right... So what next?

Comment

As you can see there is no code needed on the display so all the code would be created on the Freescale device.

The Serial traffic in the right hand panel combined with the manual should be a great help. I am still looking into the Freescale device but I have no experience with it up to now so there is quite a bit of reading to do before I can advise on your next steps so please bear with me for a short while.

Comment

Paul,

I have used GTX and I press the various controls on the left pane.... I get the translation on the right...... so I can see representation of the query event or set etc.....

Paul, I am asking if you can show how to update one of the fields on the display using GTX... specifically........ can you show me how you would put the value 1181 into the frequency value field?

I hope this request is making sense to you?

Comment

Yes, it makes sense. I will have to make some changes to your project so you can see the fields change. I will send you an updated version shortly.

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

Hi Mick,

I've added 3 Strings objects that will show up in GTX. The Srings object allows you to send text from your host.

You made need to resize the GTX window to see all 3 strings controls.

Simply click on Send and then enter the text you want to send
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Paul. I will try it out.

Now. The "report message" event... what format is that in? How do I check it's value in a host? Is that something I can see in GTX?
                      A major requirement in the project is for the host to poll/check if one of the controls is touched and then to send a value to the screen

Comment

Paul, how do I increase the string size so that it matches the font size of the labels?

Comment

Hi Mick,

In the object inspector, click on Strings and then this window will open. Here you can set the size of your font.

Name:	Mick3.png
Views:	35
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	72280

You may find this appnote useful

https://4dsystems.com.au/blog/4d-an-00013/

Best regards

Paul

Comment

No matter what I try, the font size does not change!

Comment

Thats very odd.

After clicking 'Build Copy/Load' and then inserting the SD card into the PC the font size should change. I will re-test the example I sent you as I had already increased the size to match the labels.

Comment

Working...
                              X