Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mick

This seems to work

Private Function GetChecksum(StringNumber As Byte, TempString As String)
    Dim l As Byte
    Dim chksum As Byte
    l = TempString.Length
    chksum = &H2 Xor StringNumber Xor l
    Dim n
    For n = 0 To l - 1
    chksum = chksum Xor Asc(Mid(TempString, n + 1))
    Next
    Return chksum
    End Function

To use it just try

Dim Checksum As Byte

Checksum = GetChecksum(2, "1182")

Comment

Many thanks Paul! Working

Comment

Hi again Paul. I am making good progress - thank you for the code and I reiterate previous comments about the fantastic levels of support you offer

My latest problem is the text disappears off the bottom of the screen so I need to be able to scroll. I followed a link from https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/40877 but the link is broken. I need for the display to automatically scroll by one line when the text reaches the bottom such that the latest line is visible, and a scroll bar at the side to allow reading of text that is now off the top of the screen. I'd also like to have the top line to remain fixed, bit like freeze panes in excel. Any tips/examples/other links pse? Thanks again. Simon.

Comment

Hi again Paul

I have been playing with the the code at https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/node/45220 but am unable to find a way to tweak it to simply scroll the whole screen when the lines of serial data go off the bottom of the screen. All I want is to initialise the touch screen function to move the lines of text up/down so they can all be viewed. Any tips please?

Thanks, Simon.

Comment

Hi Simon,

Does it need to be the whole screen or can it be a window of text ?

Best regards

Comment

It could be either. The display is currently landscape and the text is just over half the width of the screen from left to right, and I am getting 22.5 lines vertically. If it was in a text box that would allow me to keep the top line fixed (outside of the box) which is perfect. I would prefer portrait but changing the line Display.gfx_ScreenMode(LANDSCAPE); to Display.gfx_ScreenMode(PORTRAIT); has no effect. And how to justify to the centre of the screen?

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. I

I'll make an example of how I would do it. it won't be full screen but will be large enough I think

Paul

Comment

Excellent, thanks, I look forward to it as this is the last hurdle

Comment

Hi Paul, when will you be able to post your example please? Thx

Comment

Hi Simon,

I'm still in the process of doing it. One thing I need to ask before I finish it, does it scroll in both directions and were you hoping to be able to do this by moving it with touch

Best regards

paul

Comment

Only scrolls vertically and yes by touch please. The text is now 3/4 the width of the screen and I'd like to keep the top 2 lines unscrolled so if you are creating a window of text that I change the size/position of that would work really well. Thank you Paul.

Comment

Have been trying a few things but not even close to getting anything to work properly. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Comment

Hi Simon,

I hit a few snags but I will be completed by tomorrow so hopefully it will do what you need

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Bet I hit more than you! Thanks again, appreciate the time you've put into this.

Comment

Working...
                              X