Visi and Serial communication not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Simon,

Snags are solved, just taking time to finish. I will spend more time on it over the next few days so you can try it at the beginning of next week.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, how's it looking? Thanks.

Comment

Hi Simon,

Could you please try the attached example and let me know if it is what you needed.

Best regards

Paul
        Attached Files

Comment

Paul. It won't load unless I change the destination (see attached). If I do it compiles and loads ok but the test scrolls automatically then returns to the top and repeats and there is no touch screen response.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I may have something else that might be more suitable

Please bear with me while I try to find it.

Comment

Hi Simon,

Could you have a look at this video,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kre0snrcee...stbox.mp4?dl=0

And let me know it it is the kind of thing you are looking for

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Pse see the video I have attached. Every 'beep' indicates detection of a switch operating and produces a line of printed data. As you will see the beeps continue once the screen is full meaning the lines printed off the bottom of the screen can't be accessed. What I need is to be able to scroll the screen to access and view the lines printed off the screen. No sideways movement is required, just up and down between the extremes of the printed lines. The printing is produced by Arduino Mega. What do you think?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Simon,

Ok, In reality the example I sent you works to show the text that is coming in and scrolling automatically. The issue we have is, to be able to scroll in both directions then the text that is being sent from the Arduino needs to be buffered to allow a up and down movement and redraw text that is lost top and bottom when you move the text with a touch operation.

Am I right in thinking that the title text and 'Monitoring ...' stays in the same place and it is just the readout of values that needs to scroll.

This is quite a task to achieve but not impossible. I will have to create enough of a buffer to allow for storing off screen text so I need to know the expected amont of lines coming in from the Arduino.

The overall effect may not be as smooth as in the example that I sent you but if we only have the values scroll-able then this will help in reducing how much of the text I have to move.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

The title and monitoring text don't need to remain fixed but if it can be achieved without too much hassle that would be better. I envisage no more than 50 lines from the Arduino. Smoothness not an issue either as long as it's readable. I am really grateful for you taking this on. I am learning lots from the code you are sending but this is too much for me to achieve at my present level of understanding.

Comment

Would it be easier to control the scroll using an 'up' and 'down' input from the arduino rather than touch screen? This would be better actually if so.

Comment

Working...
                      X