No announcement yet.

Visi and Serial communication not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul, not a great start, wouldn't compile. Changed the programs's device and continued then got the following errors:

Comment

Comment

. . . . . . . . . .

Comment

last one.....

Comment

Ok,

Can you please try to update Workshop to the latest version.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Of course, sorry. Yes that compiles and loads fine now. I am not able to test the scroll function as I am yet to include up/down inputs in my Arduino code but I note up/down buttons on the object inspector window, I don't fully understand the code - how are the up down commands entered, touch screen or Arduino inputs? You stated before that " I have modified it to use buttons and uses one of our new widgets in the latest release of Workshop 4" - what buttons? And what widgets? Thx.

Comment

Hi,

these are controlled via the display touch screen inputs. The widget used is the Inherent Media Button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MediaButtoWidget.png
Views:	45
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	73528

Best regards

Paul

Comment

OK so having compiled and uploaded to display (note it failed as expected without mem card and was OK with mem card fitted) it requires a screen touch to proceed (in yellow text, portrait) which all works ok, Screen then restarts to flash screen and stays like this. If I connect my Arduino my serial text appears over the flash screen. If I restart Arduino (which restarts display also) I end up with the same as before - no buttons or scrolling. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi,

Ok, can you please click on Tools and then 'Load Inherents into Bank 5'. I should have mentioned this in a previous post. The buttons should then appear.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

• Sorry Paul still no good. The inherents load into bank 5 OK after I have compiled and loaded (if I try before compiling and loading I get a 'file not found' error') but buttons still not appearing - behaviour is the same as in the 3 images above.

Comment

• Ok,

Can you try saving the attached file on the SD card and try again. Even without this file mine will show the buttons and a blank list so really not sure why the buttons are not appearing for you.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

• I formatted the SD card to ensure a clean install and copied the test.txt onto it - still stuck on flash screen (behaviour as before). I note after I have uploaded both code and inherents that no other files exists on the SD card other than test.txt, I was expecting some other things as the code won't oad without SD card mounted.

Comment

• Hi,

You only need to load the inherents once, after this is done the code remains in FlashBank5.

I am guessing the you are loading the example which is set to run from RAM and then loading the Inherents which effectively resets the display losing the program that you just loaded to RAM.

It is only the text file which is needed from the SD card. The test.txt file was a convenient way to demonstrate a list that was bigger than the text window.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

• OK so ensure test.txt on the SD, load inherents, then compile and load: compiler says download to RAM successful, screen does the yellow text 'touch to proceed', restarts, hangs on flash screen. This is frustrating as you have put so much work in and I do not know enough about it to help properly. How do we get it to move on from the flash screen? I have tried a power cycle but goes to and stays on flash screen still.

Comment

• It's the yellow text which is a concern. At this point the display has crashed for some reason.

Can you please check the version of Workshop you are using. You can do this by clicking on File, Options then Updates

Comment

Working...
                                X